16th Region Assigning Secretary

Joe would do a fine job but if he does get the job...we lose a quality official. Personally I would prefer him on the court instead of in the bleachers. I think Darryl Smith (former 16th official) and Charles Baker (former 16th coach) are the others being interviewed.

I believe Smith brings alot more to the table as far as being able to train the officials and help them improve. Billman is a great official but doesnt have the knowledge/ability of Smith. Baker would be a mistake.

Baker's son on the sideline may be a sticking point for some. Darryl has been away from the high school game for several years in favor of the college game.(at least 10-15) Does he still plan to work college games? Might be hard to get out and watch our officials if he's working another game. What kind of pay is this position? Appears to be a little political jockeying going on in the 16th among administrators.

Baker's son on the sideline may be a sticking point for some. Darryl has been away from the high school game for several years in favor of the college game.(at least 10-15) Does he still plan to work college games? Might be hard to get out and watch our officials if he's working another game. What kind of pay is this position? Appears to be a little political jockeying going on in the 16th among administrators.

I heard Smith was planning on dropping college if he gets the job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Darryl Smith is the new Assigning Secretary in the 16th Region. I just got a letter from him this morning. I think it's a great choice. I think Billman would have done a great job also. Either one would have been fine with me. I'm glad to see that officiating will be Darryl's main focus.

• 2 weeks later...