April 1, 200719 yr I have rarely seen his heart and desire matched....the players above however did so. I don't like knocking Chris..I am a big fan of his...BUT at 6'1" he doesn't really have the athleticism he would need to be a lottery pick at his size. nothing more, nothing less....believe me I want him to be an NBA hall of famer. Did you read my post? I said he wouldn't be a lottery pick and would be lucky to be a first rounder... And what do you base the Chris doesn't have as much heart as those three guys statement on? How do you measure heart? You can't.
April 1, 200719 yr Did you read my post? I said he wouldn't be a lottery pick and would be lucky to be a first rounder... And what do you base the Chris doesn't have as much heart as those three guys statement on? How do you measure heart? You can't. Please read the first line of my last post...and I was more or less referencing All In...you guys should chill, we are all wishing him the best.
April 1, 200719 yr What exactly do we base athleticism on? According to my athleticism standards Lofton is much more athletic than Reddick. Those of you who can recall the game against the team St Louis in Lofton's Jr year can attest to the athleticism of one Chris Lofton. This team was ranked in the top 10 in the country with some big kids. Their front line went something like 6'6, 6'7, and 6'5.
April 1, 200719 yr I believe there is an All-State football award somewhere in the Lofton house, not to mention he runs the forty faster than anyone on the vols team right now.
April 1, 200719 yr IMO Lofton reminds me of a Devon George. Came off the bench with the Lakers but was used for his shooting abilities. Lofton won't start in the NBA, but he will be a contributor off the bench somewhere and maybe if there's an injury or two we might see him EARN a starting role.
April 1, 200719 yr I believe there is an All-State football award somewhere in the Lofton house, not to mention he runs the forty faster than anyone on the vols team right now. I seriously, seriously doubt it.
April 1, 200719 yr I believe there is an All-State football award somewhere in the Lofton house, not to mention he runs the forty faster than anyone on the vols team right now. You guys are getting a little ridiculous. First off I would bet there are probably 10 or more guys that can outrun Lofton in the 40 on UT's team. Secondly, RockPride hates the idea of Lofton being better than Redick, but I believe he is. He led UT to the Sweet 16 without having a Sheldon Williams or players like that around him. He shoots a much high 3pt% than Redick did. Thirdly, Lofton I believe will make a better pro because he is more athletic and will be able to contribute a lot with the right team.
April 1, 200719 yr You guys are getting a little ridiculous. First off I would bet there are probably 10 or more guys that can outrun Lofton in the 40 on UT's team. Secondly, RockPride hates the idea of Lofton being better than Redick, but I believe he is. He led UT to the Sweet 16 without having a Sheldon Williams or players like that around him. He shoots a much high 3pt% than Redick did. Thirdly, Lofton I believe will make a better pro because he is more athletic and will be able to contribute a lot with the right team. All your points are good except the first one. I know for a fact that he ran a sub 4.5 in high school and there is no way he has gotten any slower now. There is no way that half of the UT can run a sub 4.5. You exaggerated way too much on that one. I am really are you including the football team?
April 1, 200719 yr Secondly, RockPride hates the idea of Lofton being better than Redick, but I believe he is. He led UT to the Sweet 16 without having a Sheldon Williams or players like that around him. He shoots a much high 3pt% than Redick did. 43.8% - 40.6% isn't much better... Chris Lofton is awesome, awesome, awesome...but his stats aren't what JJ's were...and he is not BETTER than JJ...they would have a fun game of 1 on 1...but JJ is much taller than him.
April 1, 200719 yr 43.8% - 40.6% isn't much better... Chris Lofton is awesome, awesome, awesome...but his stats aren't what JJ's were...and he is not BETTER than JJ...they would have a fun game of 1 on 1...but JJ is much taller than him. With all the attention the Sheldon drew away from JJ, he should shoot a much better percentage. Chris is AT LEAST as good as JJ if not better. You know its true you just don't want to admit it.
April 1, 200719 yr 43.8% - 40.6% isn't much better... Chris Lofton is awesome, awesome, awesome...but his stats aren't what JJ's were...and he is not BETTER than JJ...they would have a fun game of 1 on 1...but JJ is much taller than him. By the way, Andre's form looks much better than Brian's...:laugh: I'm kidding!
April 1, 200719 yr 43.8% - 40.6% isn't much better... Chris Lofton is awesome, awesome, awesome...but his stats aren't what JJ's were...and he is not BETTER than JJ...they would have a fun game of 1 on 1...but JJ is much taller than him. He is also much slower. Also, in clutch situations I would much rather Lofton have the ball in his hand than Redick have the ball in his hand. Also Lofton is able to play well in March, which Redick never seemed to do.
April 1, 200719 yr With all the attention the Sheldon drew away from JJ, he should shoot a much better percentage. Chris is AT LEAST as good as JJ if not better. You know its true you just don't want to admit it. I wouldn't dare care to admit that a KY boy is better than a VA boy (if it were true)...JJ shot 42.1% (139 of 330) 457 - 3's on his career, 47% from the field...and is also the 2nd best FT shooter in NCAA history... The national media agrees with me...and so did the NBA scouts.
April 1, 200719 yr Also, in clutch situations I would much rather Lofton have the ball in his hand than Redick have the ball in his hand. I agree with this. Chris is as clutch as there is. Lofton is able to play well in March, which Redick never seemed to do. JJ played well, many times in March...he struggled a few times in the NCAA.
April 1, 200719 yr By the way, Andre's form looks much better than Brian's...:laugh: I'm kidding! :irked: :lol: Andre's from is beautiful though.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.