March 31, 200719 yr The 1st part I can see where your coming from, but he is as good a shooter(if not better) as Redick and how in the world could he be less athletic than Redick. Someone 400lbs with a 2 inch verticle leap is as athletic as Redick. He's just a shooter, speaking of JJ, but he is pretty darn good at that though. I have seen Riddick dunk in games but not Lofton, have you ?
March 31, 200719 yr The 1st part I can see where your coming from, but he is as good a shooter(if not better) as Redick and how in the world could he be less athletic than Redick. Someone 400lbs with a 2 inch verticle leap is as athletic as Redick. He's just a shooter, speaking of JJ, but he is pretty darn good at that though. Redick was very athletic. Not the quickest in the world...but could jump alright..and run all night long...besides he has gone down as the ACC's most prolific scorer, the NCAA's second best FT shooter, and the most prolific 3 FG shooter.
April 1, 200719 yr Chris Lofton will be a lottery pick either this season or next. If UT didn't have a legitimate chance to be in the final 4 next season, seroiusly think he would consider entering the draft this season. He's already better than JJ Redick and other shooting guards like Kirk Hinrich that were lottery picks. Wow. I'm a Mason County guy and a HUGE Chris Lofton fan, but he will not be a lottery pick. Teams will not use a pick that high on a player that they have "doubts" about. I am not saying that he doesn't have lottery pick ablility because he does. Teams just won't take him that high and will be proved wrong once again, just like he did in college.
April 1, 200719 yr Author I know its important for chris to get a degree and everything but if he works hard and helps his stock out by being between that range i said earlier about 12-20, then he will leave and make the jump...If hes not within that top 20 then he will be back next yr but next yr will be a drop off because of the talent next yr that could come out...And i didnt open this thread to talk about Redick, thats already been talked about...this is about Chris and his decision to go to pre draft camps...and yes Chris can dunk!!! just hasnt done it in a real game for some reason
April 1, 200719 yr Author Wow. I'm a Mason County guy and a HUGE Chris Lofton fan, but he will not be a lottery pick. Teams will not use a pick that high on a player that they have "doubts" about. I am not saying that he doesn't have lottery pick ablility because he does. Teams just won't take him that high and will be proved wrong once again, just like he did in college. And I Agree with you
April 1, 200719 yr And I Agree with you Its always good to have support! :thumb: I agree with what you say too. If he isn't projected top 20 (and he won't be) he will come back. His parents are great people and won't let him make a bad choice. Chris has a good head on his shoulders and knows what another great year in college and a degree could mean for him in his life...
April 1, 200719 yr Wow. I'm a Mason County guy and a HUGE Chris Lofton fan, but he will not be a lottery pick. Teams will not use a pick that high on a player that they have "doubts" about. I am not saying that he doesn't have lottery pick ablility because he does. Teams just won't take him that high and will be proved wrong once again, just like he did in college. As far as lottery ability goes, I'm not so sure....Lottery picks are used on guys that have the chance to be the team's "Superstar", or at least someone with size. No offense to Lofton as he is a heck of a college player, but I don't see him as a "Superstar" at the next level. He'll be a solid contributor, but IMO not a star.
April 1, 200719 yr Author Its always good to have support! :thumb: I agree with what you say too. If he isn't projected top 20 (and he won't be) he will come back. His parents are great people and won't let him make a bad choice. Chris has a good head on his shoulders and knows what another great year in college and a degree could mean for him in his life... I know they are great people (Related to them)...But i think Chris will turn some heads at Pre-draft camp and might sneak up there close to around that number...Put him on a team with a superstar or 2 and he will be good...I know a couple of teams that could use him and his shooting right now...But wont hurt to give it a try :thumb:
April 1, 200719 yr As far as lottery ability goes, I'm not so sure....Lottery picks are used on guys that have the chance to be the team's "Superstar", or at least someone with size. No offense to Lofton as he is a heck of a college player, but I don't see him as a "Superstar" at the next level. He'll be a solid contributor, but IMO not a star. There is a chance that he will be a star. I'm not sayin he'll be the next MJ or anything, but I do think he will play a major role on some championship teams and will be mentioned to be an All Star a few times...
April 1, 200719 yr There is a chance that he will be a star. I'm not sayin he'll be the next MJ or anything, but I do think he will play a major role on some championship teams and will be mentioned to be an All Star a few times... I guess I should have used a better word than "chance", because I do agree he does have a chance to do that. I think he will be a very solid player in the NBA, something like a Kyle Korver. Korver is a very solid player, and one that most teams would love to have.
April 1, 200719 yr I know they are great people (Related to them)...But i think Chris will turn some heads at Pre-draft camp and might sneak up there close to around that number...Put him on a team with a superstar or 2 and he will be good...I know a couple of teams that could use him and his shooting right now...But wont hurt to give it a try :thumb: Haha Mrs. Lofton was my 7th grade English teacher and Mr. Lofton is a heckofa man. You are lucky to have such great relatives! I agree that he will turn heads because he is the best shooter I've ever seen. But that doesn't mean they will use a top 20 pick on him. I hope that I am wrong. I think he would be happy just being in the first round. It would be a better situation for Chris to slide a little bit in the first round as well so he will land on a better team. That team will be VERY lucky to have him!
April 1, 200719 yr I guess I should have used a better word than "chance", because I do agree he does have a chance to do that. I think he will be a very solid player in the NBA, something like a Kyle Korver. Korver is a very solid player, and one that most teams would love to have. I think that he will be alot better than Kyle Korver. I'd say he will be a Chauncy Billups type of player. I am not saying that he will as good as Billups but I think he will have that type of game. He will need to work on his ball handling though because at 6'1" he'll have to play some PG.
April 1, 200719 yr I think that he will be alot better than Kyle Korver. I'd say he will be a Chauncy Billups type of player. I am not saying that he will as good as Billups but I think he will have that type of game. He will need to work on his ball handling though because at 6'1" he'll have to play some PG. Ball-handling, quickness, and strength will all need to improve. I don't see it happening, but who knows.
April 1, 200719 yr Author Haha Mrs. Lofton was my 7th grade English teacher and Mr. Lofton is a heckofa man. You are lucky to have such great relatives! I agree that he will turn heads because he is the best shooter I've ever seen. But that doesn't mean they will use a top 20 pick on him. I hope that I am wrong. I think he would be happy just being in the first round. It would be a better situation for Chris to slide a little bit in the first round as well so he will land on a better team. That team will be VERY lucky to have him! Thats exactly what i'm saying...If he went to a team with a superstar, like the Lakers, who need a shooter with Kobe...Dallas, Detroit, Denver, San antonio...any of the teams that are competing for a Ring...add a shooter like chris to come off the bench and contribute and they will take him in the 20-30 range this June...He does well at camp, he moves up...But i'll say right now hes between 25-30 picks right now...all he can do is go up
April 1, 200719 yr Ball-handling, quickness, and strength will all need to improve. I don't see it happening, but who knows. You don't see him improving? How is that possible if he works at it?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.