Holmes/Scott Co. Predictions

I have been very impressed with Scott County all year. However, I really think Covington Holmes is the team to beat in this matchup. Henderson will attempt to throttle Matt Walls just as he did against Ty Profitt today. I think that Profitt is not the shooter Walls is, but is better off the dribble. If it is not a razor close whistle, Walls has difficulty getting many shots. He is a very focused young man and I love how he has played this year, but Henderson is a tough defender.

Duran Jefferson will play Bud Mackey. He will also do a fine job. Bud is very tough off the dribble and must not force shots in this game.

I think Holmes will hurt Scott County inside with Austin Hill against Jordan Lee. Hill is too strong for the typically soft Lee although Jordan really stepped up his game against Patrick Patterson.

I will probably be rooting for 11th Region Scott County, but unless Holmes is ice cold from the field, I feel they win this game with aggressive defense and many second chance points.

If SC plays man to man the whole game, they might have a little trouble. I don't think they can match up with all 5 of Holmes starters.

If anyone can match up with Holmes, it's Scott County. They are the only team in the state with the men to keep up.

Holmes is going to have to play a very, very smart game.

Sc is a good team, don't get me wrong. But I think some of you are failing to realize just how good they are.

Scott Co has knocked off one of the top teams in the country, but that doesn't make them invincible which some of you are implying.

You have to look closely at the match ups as strongopenyon is. To be honest, I expect SC to win, but it will be no blow out, and if it is, I'll gladly eat crow.

Henderson vs Walls is the key match up.

Rice IMO will be the quickest and most athletic big man on the court, as he proved today against SL.

Hill is probably the most physically strongest player out there in this match up.

But as FANOFTHE11TH said, the key to whoever wins this is Rebounding. Holmes isn't as big as SC, but if they can box out and force SC to go over the top as they did with St John, then SC will be in trouble.

If Scott County plays like they did today then they get beat. Mackey, Walls, and Warren were all in foul trouble most of the game against Adair County.

I agree. The refs today did dictate the amount of pressure the Scott County defense was allowed to play. I have seen Scott County at their best and today was not close to it. Saying that, Holmes has some star power and if Hill and Rice are doing what they do best then this game could come down to the wire. Hill will need to get going early and not allow Scott County to get a lead where they can utilize their bench and rest their starters. Holmes will also need to limit the easy layups from Scott County's transition game. I really believe it will be close and the end Scott County will have the fresher legs and make the plays. Scott County 71 and Holmes 67.

Sc is a good team, don't get me wrong. But I think some of you are failing to realize just how good they are.

Scott Co has knocked off one of the top teams in the country, but that doesn't make them invincible which some of you are implying.

You have to look closely at the match ups as strongopenyon is. To be honest, I expect SC to win, but it will be no blow out, and if it is, I'll gladly eat crow.

Henderson vs Walls is the key match up.

Rice IMO will be the quickest and most athletic big man on the court, as he proved today against SL.

Hill is probably the most physically strongest player out there in this match up.

But as FANOFTHE11TH said, the key to whoever wins this is Rebounding. Holmes isn't as big as SC, but if they can box out and force SC to go over the top as they did with St John, then SC will be in trouble.

Rice will be key to this game. Jefferson needs to limit the turnovers big time as well. Henderson/Hill vs. Mackey/Walls puts 4 of the most well-rounded players in the state against each other.

[Gosh, I'm good!!!

QUOTE=KHSB1]Holmes does give matchup problems for the Cards as well as some problems with their speed. Scott co will show how they got to this point by playing defense. Look for Mackey to earn his stripes Saturday morning. He thrives on this style of play. Scott Co 73 Holmes 63