KY/IN All Star game

Which coaches ballots? Not the same ones that left off the all time leading scorer and rebounder in the 16th region I hope. I saw in the Independent that Queen and Terry made the McDonalds team. Who votes for this? I seem to recall it is a pretty big deal.

This vote has nothing to do w/past ballots for anything. It's a clean slade. That's great if both, indeed, actually made the McDonalds' team. You may want to go back and re-read the article. I think they both were nominated for the McDonalds All American Team.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the McDonald's team, does everyone know that KY will be hosting this game at Freedom Hall this yr. Plus our very own Donna Moir will be the head coach of the girls and Mike Listerman(CCH) will be the asst for the boys. Unfortunately, we do not have any girls playing but you can go and watch the best in the country play.

This vote has nothing to do w/past ballots for anything. It's a clean slade. That's great if both, indeed, actually made the McDonalds' team. You may want to go back and re-read the article. I think they both were nominated for the McDonalds All American Team.

You are right, they were nominated. Ilooked up the other Ky. girls that were nominated, I hope I didn,t miss any. Caroline Klein, Keyla Snowden, Elizabeth Campbell, Whitney Ballinger, Hope Brown , Thia Gholson, Emily Queen, Laura Terry. The 16th Region's Kayla Faulkner plays for louisville,

You are right, they were nominated. Ilooked up the other Ky. girls that were nominated, I hope I didn,t miss any. Caroline Klein, Keyla Snowden, Elizabeth Campbell, Whitney Ballinger, Hope Brown , Thia Gholson, Emily Queen, Laura Terry. The 16th Region's Kayla Faulkner plays for louisville,

Any reason you left out the leading candidate for Miss Basketball, Rebecca Gray?

I'm of the opinion that every award in the 16th region is a joke. Queen is arguably the best player ever from this region. Not this year, ever and somehow she isn't player of the year or on the East all star team.

The real joke is to realize how much stems from this KABC vote. My education via BGP Threads over the last few weeks show me that the following all hinge upon this vote:

1. Regional POY

2. KHSAA State East-West Allstar Team

3. KY-IN Allstar Team

A player that gets overlooked, looked over, looked past, etc. Gets the wound now and gets the salt later.

Bottom line is that an individual's stats career or year, character on the floor, character off the floor, contribution to the team, success in district, success in region, success at state, MVP's and so on don't really amount to a hill of beans. What really matters is how many votes you get at the KABC.

The real joke is to realize how much stems from this KABC vote. My education via BGP Threads over the last few weeks show me that the following all hinge upon this vote:

1. Regional POY

2. KHSAA State East-West Allstar Team

3. KY-IN Allstar Team

A player that gets overlooked, looked over, looked past, etc. Gets the wound now and gets the salt later.

Bottom line is that an individual's stats career or year, character on the floor, character off the floor, contribution to the team, success in district, success in region, success at state, MVP's and so on don't really amount to a hill of beans. What really matters is how many votes you get at the KABC.

#3 really has not much to do with KABC

Players who are deserving of the tryout will receive one.

The 16 regional POY's, coaches ballots choose the next 10, media ballots get the next 10 and the last 4 spots are chosen by the team coaches/game director for a total of 40 girls.

Refer to Post #13 quoted above.

16 Slots determined by KABC Regional POY = 24 Slots Left

10 Slots determined by coaches ballot (Aren't these the same coaches that vote KABC? Why would/should you expect their vote to be different from the POY vote?) = 14 Slots Left

10 Slots determined by media ballot (Who is the media? Over 16 regions?) = 4 Slots Left

4 Slots determined by Allstar team coaches (Maybe I have a chance.)

By my claculations, 65% of this is tied to coach voting. If I'm not a Regional POY, I've got 24 slots across 16 regions left to get a tryout. If I'm not the POY or runner up, I better be a media favorite or have really impressed the coach that happens to coaching the allstar team.

How am I wrong?

Refer to Post #13 quoted above.

16 Slots determined by KABC Regional POY = 24 Slots Left

10 Slots determined by coaches ballot (Aren't these the same coaches that vote KABC? Why would/should you expect their vote to be different from the POY vote?) = 14 Slots Left

10 Slots determined by media ballot (Who is the media? Over 16 regions?) = 4 Slots Left

4 Slots determined by Allstar team coaches (Maybe I have a chance.)

By my claculations, 65% of this is tied to coach voting. If I'm not a Regional POY, I've got 24 slots across 16 regions left to get a tryout. If I'm not the POY or runner up, I better be a media favorite or have really impressed the coach that happens to coaching the allstar team.

How am I wrong?

Give it a break.

I would almost guarantee Queen and Terry will get well-deserved tryouts for this team.

Give it a break.

I would almost guarantee Queen and Terry will get well-deserved tryouts for this team.

Easy boys...I've got to agree with Jay Bilas on this one.:eek: Emily has already been asked by Coach Napier to attend the tryouts...and I'm sure Laura has as well...but thanks for your support!!:thumb:

The KABC vote is a joke. It was last year and was again this year. Pam Euton, Kala Faulkner, and Emily Queen should receive letters of apology from everyone who cast those embarrassing votes. This isn't a conspiracy theory it is a simple fact. The all time leading scorer and rebounder in region history finishes 4th? I think Rose Hill should say their $15.

Master Card should have a commercial that ends with:

KABC POY and COY the year in the 16th region. $15.00

Real value of the award. WORTHLESS.