KY/IN All Star game

I know too well about the eyes.

Himmelfarb, please, who is this Coach Napier or anyone? Does anyone know who is coaching the KY all star team? By the way, I enjoy reading your post, proper grammar and spelling is rare on this site.

I forget where he coaches, 3ptshooter...but he was at BG throughout the weekend and spoke with Emily at Diddle as well as at Warren Central during the All Star game. He introduced himself as one of the coaches...and seems to be a fine fellow.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this? and have all the girls that were not regional POY's already contacted? Call me dumb but update me on who Coach Napier is?

Yes, players of the year from each region receive an automatic invite.

Ballots from Head Coaches were due in by March 23rd. These ballots elect a Miss Basketball and nominate an additional 10 players for try outs. The sports press corps from around the state select an additional 10. The head coach, Game Director and Game Chairman have an additional 4 slots to fill. Gives an opportunity to fill a void or to have a look at a player that may have been overlooked. No one has contacted any players about tryouts. Players will be notified after Miss Basketball has been announced.

Yes, 40 players at try outs are alot. However; would rather err on the high side while giving more players an opportunity. Also coaches do have a responsibilty in the selection process. They are usually the individuals with firsthand knowledge of many of the players. They also have the expertise and passion for the game. Also coaches of the year from each region(16) will help Coach Napier run and evaluate the tryouts. The final team of (12) will come down to Coaches recommendations, Coach Napier, Game Director and Game Chairman.

Yes, players of the year from each region receive an automatic invite.

Ballots from Head Coaches were due in by March 23rd. These ballots elect a Miss Basketball and nominate an additional 10 players for try outs. The sports press corps from around the state select an additional 10. The head coach, Game Director and Game Chairman have an additional 4 slots to fill. Gives an opportunity to fill a void or to have a look at a player that may have been overlooked. No one has contacted any players about tryouts. Players will be notified after Miss Basketball has been announced.

Yes, 40 players at try outs are alot. However; would rather err on the high side while giving more players an opportunity. Also coaches do have a responsibilty in the selection process. They are usually the individuals with firsthand knowledge of many of the players. They also have the expertise and passion for the game. Also coaches of the year from each region(16) will help Coach Napier run and evaluate the tryouts. The final team of (12) will come down to Coaches recommendations, Coach Napier, Game Director and Game Chairman.

Nice post Beta w/great info but we already determined your key points in earlier threads. Where were you last week when we were all searching for the answers? Thanks!

Nice post Beta w/great info but we already determined your key points in earlier threads. Where were you last week when we were all searching for the answers? Thanks!

I was in a sandy spot with crappy food and warm Fanta orange drinks. Very little to do with Basketball. Glad to be back up to speed. Thanks