June Buchanan 67 Powell County 55

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old school this happens ever year same as last year jbs beat Estill Co and they could not beat them except in The reg tournment so same old same old see what happen the next game ever one likes to play the 56th because they know they will get ever break in the book. Watch and learn old school.

WARNING....

bballer1 has indicated, he did not make a post. Let me remind anyone that utilizes BGP, not to access or log into another persons account. This is in violation of Rule #11, by the offender and will be handled by Guru.

11. No one else may access or login to your account for any reason.

If anyone has information, please make any Mod aware.

Powell shot 16 free throws. JBS made 26. Powell made more field goals than JBS. Go figure. I guess that certain administrator will spend next years regional tourney's watching from the bleachers as he did this year instead of officiating. The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.

Some things never change when it comes to officiating during the 14th Regional Tournament. It is common knowledge that whoever has the political connection and knows the right person will get the breaks and go to Rupp. This is too sad and unfortunate for the kids who work hard all year long.

I wonder if all regions are like the 14th??? Do the adults in the black and white shirts determine the outcome of the games or do the kids?

Cox is without a doubt the best player on that team. The older Stepp had 20 and I would guess that 12 came from the no foul, excuse me the foul line. I would take Cox and Short over anyone on that team. Both looked really well the other night.

Some things never change when it comes to officiating during the 14th Regional Tournament. It is common knowledge that whoever has the political connection and knows the right person will get the breaks and go to Rupp. This is too sad and unfortunate for the kids who work hard all year long.

I wonder if all regions are like the 14th??? Do the adults in the black and white shirts determine the outcome of the games or do the kids?

This game was not nearly as bad as the semi-final and championship games at the 2003 games in Stanton. Breathitt County really got the shaft (leading by as many as 21 points) in the semi-finals. Powell fans shouldn't be complaining at all. Of course they got what they deserved when Oldham County drilled them by 23 points at Rupp.

This game was not nearly as bad as the semi-final and championship games at the 2003 games in Stanton. Breathitt County really got the shaft (leading by as many as 21 points) in the semi-finals. Powell fans shouldn't be complaining at all. Of course they got what they deserved when Oldham County drilled them by 23 points at Rupp.

Wow!, you know an awful lot about Powell's 03 season. To let you know any team from the 14th would've got drilled by Oldham co. that year, they were a pretty tough team. Breathitt didnt get the shaft, they lost by 2 points, the game came down to freethrows, hows that getting the shaft. Powell also beat PCC twice that year, once at PCC. Don't think Powell cheated or got their way in the tourney, they had a good team. Also, not mentioning any names, but im pretty sure that JBS's assistant AD might have a little pull in the 14th with the refs. He might just be one him self.:thumb:

These are 12th region referees. Is there a connection with JBS and someone there? I have heard for years this complaint about the 56th and officiating in the regional tornament. Estill countians have always wondered and I guess still do. It seems officating is talked about more in this region than any other. Is that true?

These are 12th region referees. Is there a connection with JBS and someone there? I have heard for years this complaint about the 56th and officiating in the regional tornament. Estill countians have always wondered and I guess still do. It seems officating is talked about more in this region than any other. Is that true?

The 56th has had some BAD years in the officiating department. 1997 was awful. The guys that year were so bad it appeared as if they were paid off. I won't say what region they were from (but it wasn't the 12th) because their region has quality refs....but they didn't send their best to our district that year. We haven't swapped out with them much since.