June Buchanan 67 Powell County 55

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams play PHYSICAL, i beleive there was a scrummish early on. I was getting something to eat when it happend there. Both teams disurved to win this game. Both had excilent seasons. Good Job JBS and Watch out for the bobcats!

I knew that JBS size advantage would come into effect in this game and it did. JBS just to big for Powell. No answer for Clark neither. Got into the lane easily. No way that Powell is a 10 to 15 point better team than JBS. There was bad calls both ways.

I knew that JBS size advantage would come into effect in this game and it did. JBS just to big for Powell. No answer for Clark neither. Got into the lane easily. No way that Powell is a 10 to 15 point better team than JBS. There was bad calls both ways.

The radio guys said that Collins had around 8 blocked shots. That is key in beating Powell because Romans inside game can be difficult to deal with. But I suppose the 6'8 kid made a difference in that area.

Nice semifinals shaping up: Hazard vs Knott Central and JBS vs Breathitt County.

On another note, I really like Letcher Central's new gym. Very nice design. It could have been a little bigger to seat more, but I guess for their needs during regular season play it's all they need. And it's not finacially feasible to add extra seats to a building design when you're only going to need them for the regional tournament ever 6 years. The split sessions format should handle the big crowd that should be expected next Monday.

Ozz and the LCC staff had one heck of a hospitality room too.:thumb:

Collins was the big factor in the game he is probably what beat Powell.

The coaching was the difference in this game. JBS has the best coach. Powell did not even know what kind of defense JBS was in the first half.The truth is the truth.:dancingpa :ylsuper: :sleep:

JBS played a very good basketball game and not to take anything from them but the officiating was horrible. JBS's 2 big men played all night and had 4 fouls between them. Clark played the entire game without a foul??? Clint played all but about 5 minutes without a foul. Cox played entire game with only 2 fouls. No consistency in the officiating on either end all night. The 14th needs to take a hard look at going outside for officials. if the kids are going to play all year to a style that is allowed in the 14th and get to the regional tourney and have to completely change because of the way the game is officiated then itis no wonder we can't seem to send the best team to Lexington and compete. Not sour grapes but the same thing happened in the Breathitt/Buckhorn game. No consistency on what was called and what wasn't called. We call charges in the 14th and I saw 2 charges called last night in 2 games!!!!!!! Good luck to whomever comes from the 14th. will be some great games on Monday.

the officiating was horrible. Clark played the entire game without a foul??? Clint played all but about 5 minutes without a foul. Cox played entire game with only 2 fouls. No consistency in the officiating on either end all night. .

Well I think everyone saw this coming. When you have as many connections with the referees as one of our former assigning secretary's do, people have to think that they might get a few calls here and there. But to say that Clark didn't foul all night is a little much. If your going to let them play on one end, I just think it's fair to let them play on the other. Just seemed like to me they were calling touch fouls on one end and no fouls on the other. I'm just glad I'm not the only one that noticed!:fire: Hope the Bobcats can over come the inconsistencies on their end of the floor!:fight: