Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 all time college shooters:

Featured Replies

It was mentioned during the UK-Bama game today who the all time best shooters are in college basketball. I thought it would be interesting to throw some names around. Obviously older guys will have different lists.

 

Larry Bird

Pete Maravich

Kyle Macy

Chris Lofton

JJ Redick

Ray Allen

Salim Stoudemire

Travis Ford

Jayson Williams

Scotty Thurman

 

Thats just 10 guys Im throwing out there. Im sure Ive missed some great ones.

 

This is a pretty good list, but, I can't see Travis Ford or Jayson Williams up there with the best shooters ever...Cameren Mills would be better than them..

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ervin Stepp

 

He can still shoot!

This is a pretty good list, but, I can't see Travis Ford or Jayson Williams up there with the best shooters ever...Cameren Mills would be better than them..

As a senior Cameron Mills shot 41.8% from the field (53/127), and 43.7% 3FG (38/87)...Jason Williams' last season he shot 45.7% from the field (249/545), and 44.6% from 3FG (108/242)...

 

And he was the focal point of many defenses.

This one will be tough, I am not sure that I can come up with 10 right off the top of my head and will surely leave some out. Here it goes.

 

Pete Maravich (no question the best)

Larry Bird

Kyle Macy

Mark Price

Jay Schidler

Travis Ford

Steve Alfrod

J.J. Reddick

Jim Lemaster

Michael Jordan

Ford burned it up his Junior year but stunk it up his senior year.

Reddick would probably be the best pure shooter in the last 10 years that I can remember.

JJ Redick (Duke)

Chris Jackson (LSU)

Chris Mullin (St. Johns)

Pistol Pete Maravich (LSU)

Jerry West (West Virginia)

Rick Barry (Miami, FL)

Ray Allen (Connecticut)

Mark Price (Georgia Tech)

Steve Alford (Indiana)

Larry Bird (Indiana St.)

Kerr at Arizona was awfully good also, I think his first name was Steve. I also agree on Jim Masters and Kevin Grevey who posters mentioned earlier.

I think we are talking about shooting basketballs, not guns.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good One!

  • Author
This is a pretty good list, but, I can't see Travis Ford or Jayson Williams up there with the best shooters ever...Cameren Mills would be better than them..

 

Probably as much as anything with my list I was brainstorming. Now, as for Travis Ford, his junior year he shot over 50% from 3 point range. And he took a lot of 3s! But Ford had an amazing year. Now, his senior year the % went down some. And rightfully so without having Jamal Mashburn out there as a guy who gets double teamed and is a great passer. But Ford was awfully good!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.