Message on behalf of Rebecca Gray

Its to bad High School sports dosent have more parents like yourself , sounds like you have done a remarkable job on raising a first class athlete and a first class person, Life moves on after basketball and it sounds like she has a great head on her shoulders and is ready to grab life by the horns. Congratulations on an outstanding carrer in High School.

I don't even know what she did and those were my thoughts. From reading this thread, believe me, as a former prosecutor and present judge, if her actions on a basketball court are all she ever does that she is ashamed of she will have led a great life. She sounds like a great young lady with a conscience.

No doubt! Awesome parents.

But, to complete the loop, an apology from her is next. I don't think her parents are going to step up and accept the Ms BB award for her, and as awesome as the letter above is from her parents (those are the type of parents that I look up to), in the end it's on Rebecca's shoulders. I wouldn't doubt the letter has already been written.

Congrats on a great high school career! Good luck playing this summer and nothing but the best in the Carolina Blue!

What do you want her to do call a press conference? No one on this message board deserves an apology from her. And she did apologize through her mother. I think we should leave her alone and understand that it was in the heat of the moment and its not a big deal now that her parents have helped her deal with this.

A simple email to Mike Fields of the Lex Her-Leader would do very nicely. He's a classy guy and would probably cover it in his Friday column.

LMB, I certainly don't deserve an apology from her. But, as her own mother mentioned, there are a lot of young girls who look up to her. Girls that might not be in the classrooms where she works in during the 2nd half of the school day when she apologizes to those girls. Girls that might ask their parents "Why were people booing Rebecca?" Well, if those parents aren't members of BGP, they don't know that she is feeling remorse. Contrary to many, the world is a bigger place than BGP.

And we'll have to disagree that it's not a big deal.

My only problem with Rebecca Gray is that she is going to North Carolina. The only worse choice, in my mind, would have been Duke. If capable, I'd put an eternal curse on both institutions but, before anyone says this is the ranting of a UK fan, please note that I have no use for them either.

Other than that, I believe that Rebecca Gray just made a mistake. She is a human being. Continually losing to LexCath takes a toll on anyone.

A simple email to Mike Fields of the Lex Her-Leader would do very nicely. He's a classy guy and would probably cover it in his Friday column.

LMB, I certainly don't deserve an apology from her. But, as her own mother mentioned, there are a lot of young girls who look up to her. Girls that might not be in the classrooms where she works in during the 2nd half of the school day when she apologizes to those girls. Girls that might ask their parents "Why were people booing Rebecca?" Well, if those parents aren't members of BGP, they don't know that she is feeling remorse. Contrary to many, the world is a bigger place than BGP.

And we'll have to disagree that it's not a big deal.

Heres another idea. Lets let the whole situation die down and not blow it out of proportion.

I hope we all remember this thread the next time someone posts about a player yelling at an official. They are ALL kids, whether they are Miss Basketball candidates or not. And I doubt there are any parents out there, Scott County or otherwise, that would condone such behavior.

I agree if most players are as sincere in admitting their wrong. This is rarely the case.