10th regions juniors and seniors

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are juniors that work really really hard. Why couldn't they play college basketball?

Working hard is only one of the qualities you must have to be a college player. Talent is another major quality you must have. I just don't think these two will be able to lay at the next level no matter how hard they work. They have some talent but not enough to get to the next level.

They are juniors that work really really hard. Why couldn't they play college basketball?

Juniors that see very very little time on varsity, on a team that is not deep at all, are going to make that big of an improvement to their senior year?

Ants work hard, but they still get stepped on.

I've watched a lot of top rated teams in the state play this year and have seen very few division 1 players and in fact have seen very few division 2 or even small college college prospects. We see kids do pretty good in high school and we think they can play college ball when actually they can't. Go to a Georgetown College game and you'll see what I'm talking about. Those guys are big and tough with a lot of talent. Take schools that don't offer athletic scholarships but have ball teams , and that's a different story. A lot of kids can play in those schools and even some of those players are tough. Good luck to all who hope they will make the next level.