Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Henry 73 Conner 64

Featured Replies

Great game to watch. Both teams left everything on the floor. St. Henry led the mostly the entire game. The Crusaders led 58-53, with the ball and 1:33 left on the clock. I said to myself "there is no way we'll let this get away". With 31 seconds left St. Henry was trailing 61-58 after a Thomas 3 and 2 Crews FT's. But Tyler Feldhaus hit a miraculous 3 with 7 tics left to tie the game at 61. St. Henry did get a final look at the end of regulation but it was no good. OT was basicall dominated by St. Henry as they were just too deep and too much for the Cougars.

 

Brandon Lenhof was named 33rd District MVP. He scored 26 in the finals. Adam Crews wasn't far off from stealing the MVP even if he was on the losing team, IMO. He had 18 again tonight and played his heart out. The gym went silent in OT when Crews flew over the right side of scorers table and landed on a stat table in the 1st row. He was down for a while and it looked pretty serious but he did return. But it was too late.

 

Matt Strohlendorf stepped up and played the game of his life tonight for St Henry. He had 22 pts and shot lights out. Also led the team in rebounds I believe. The Thomas boy added 20 for Conner and also shot the ball extremely well.

 

St. Henry had to play without starting forward Michael Rechtin. He scored early in the 1st quarter and then agravated his back and never returned. Mike's had back problems all season. Get better for next week Mike.

 

Good Win Crusaders!! GOOD TEAM WIN!!! Keep up the hard work, good things will happen.

On a side note: I have the utmost respect for Jim Hicks and his coaching staff. He does a wonderful job and always has his teams ready for tournament time. But, does anyone agree his reactions to calls and his demeanor in the coaches box might be rubbing off on his players.

 

He had 2 players called for technicals tonight in crucial moments. He also should have been T'd up a couple of times himself. He just overracts a lot. And thats the same reason his players were T'd up tonight. Truthfully a couple other boys could have recieved Techs also.

 

Again, I love the man as coach. Reminds me a lot of Danny Trame. Has great passion and stands up for his kids no matter what. But there is time and place when you have too cool it a little. I don't know who complains more him or Listerman.

The first Technical foul was a crap call. The refs were the worst I've seen in a 33rd final. I can't believe how much SH got away with on the inside and also covering Crews. They hand checked and grabbed him the entire game. Officiating helped decide this one.

Sounds like sour grapes. Why make excuses for the Technicals?

Sour grapes not at all. Only one of the officials should have been doing this game. If those were the best officials, the game is in terrible trouble. This was the finals of the 33rd and the officiating should be representative of the game they were doing. The first T was a terrible call. The second one I can agree on because of the word said but overall, the officiating was BS.

Two things I should say. I do not want to take anything away from the efforts of either team. SH has two great shooters...I do not know their names but numbers 22 and 24 are pure shooters. Also, the official who is going bald did a good job last night. I have no problem with his efforts during the game.

Where have you too been for the last 10 years. The 9th Region always has had bad officiating. Get over it. Quit making excuses, because thats all your doing. There are only a handful of decent officials and truthfully I would have T'd up another Conner boy late in fourth for another bad reaction.

 

Thomas recieved the 1st technical I believe. I don't know what he said, but he was talking smack to the players all game. He hit a three and pointed at a kid. He another three and started yapping as he backed up the court.

 

All I'm saying is if Conner's players and coaches would just shut up and play, the probably win this game. Again I love the way Hicks Coaches, just tone it down a little bit, and maybe your players will follow.

Technical foul on NKYBOY1487 for posting in all bold. You might want to tone it down a little bit...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let it be decided in regionals!

I'd rather have a coach who cares than one that is silent the entire game. Conner had the game won, and SHs #12 held Crews so Conner couldn't get the inbounds. Missed call after missed call. Look at the free throw discrepency SH shot 3x as many FTs. That says it all.

Coach Faust is far from silent. Coach McCreary is far from silent. Coach Mullins is far from silent. My point was Hicks is rubbing off on his players. Just keep making excuses. St. Henry didn't recieve one bad call the whole game did they????

I would hope that the players would get some of the coaches personality. But to say that he overreacts or the players overreact is idiotic. You receive bad call after bad call and it affects how you play. You have to stick up for your players when your a coach and that is what Hicks does.

As a third party, I do have to say that the Technical fouls against Conner did cost them the game. But this has been the worst refing I have seen in awhile. It did CONTRIBUTE to Conner losing the game but you cannot take anythign away from st. henry

Wow it was a great game to watch! Both teams played their hearts out.

 

I am a Cougar backer but I will not make excuses for my team. There is never any good reason for bad langauge no matter how bad the officials are, and these were bad. I saw bad calls go both ways but it does not matter who got more bad calls. You simply have to overcome the calls. Conner wins the game without the T's. We gave them at least 4 points right there. Take those away and we are up by 7 when the ball is inbounded to Crews and it does not matter if they hold him or he steps out of bounds. We would still be up by 4 with a only a couple seconds on the clock when the "prayer" goes in (great shot by the way). Hopefully the young men will learn a lesson from this. After the call is made, keep your mouth shut! You cannot change it and it will only make matters worse. Let the coach do his job, the officials do their job, and you do yours. You cannot control the officials you can only overcome them. Control what you can control, anything else is wasted energy and wasted effort.

 

Congrats to St. Henry.

 

Conner- you guys are playing the best basketball you have played all year over the last three games. Keep it up! I'm looking forward to the Cov Cath game. It's time for an upset!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.