Russell's Kasey Clark Verbally Commited to Murray State

I just confirmed with Kasey he will attend Murray State and he will be on the offensive side of the ball. They play the spread offense and he will be coming out of the backfield to run and catch. Congratulations to Kasey I'm so very proud of you! Go Racers, and remember you the man 24!!!!!

P.S. I may be called the Blue Racer!!!:banana:

Congradulations Kasey. You deserve all the best. You are one heck of a ball player and I am sure all your fans Russell, Raceland etc.. in the area will be keeping up with your progress and cheering for you all the way.

Is this a scholarship offer? Or a preferred walk-on?

Verbally commited sounds more like a pre-ferred walk on. If it was a scholarship, what would prevent him from going ahead and signing? Usually this late in the game a verbal commitment signifies a walk on status.

Verbally commited sounds more like a pre-ferred walk on. If it was a scholarship, what would prevent him from going ahead and signing? Usually this late in the game a verbal commitment signifies a walk on status.

Admissions.

:confused:

Is he still waiting to be accepted???

I didn't think schools could offer financial packages to prospective student athletes without them being accepted to the university first. I might be wrong on this though....

Anyways, big congratulations goes out to Kasey. He is going to be playing D1 football regardless of whether he's on scholarhsip or not. Great honor for a great player that has had a huge impact on area football the past couple of years.

I still bet he ends up on defense once he gets on campus.:D

He has to be admitted before anything can happen.

I didn't think schools could offer financial packages to prospective student athletes without them being accepted to the university first. I might be wrong on this though....

Anyways, big congratulations goes out to Kasey. He is going to be playing D1 football regardless of whether he's on scholarhsip or not. Great honor for a great player that has had a huge impact on area football the past couple of years.

At this point, Murray says they want him to run the ball.

School has everything they need they are waiting on the FAFSA reports that are filled out to come back from the government to Murray, He told the coaches last night that He wanted to be at Murray and he liked the campus the situation they had to offer him football wise. He will be going down to Murray for 2 weeks to workout, watch film and get some conditioning in July. Then he will get to come home for about a week before Camp officially starts. Anyway I'm ready GO RACERS!!!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper:

the only sad part of this is that Murray is so far away from home. No worries Russellvillians, I will be there to watch him and can give you guys reports

Kasey has a big family being the youngest of five I'd say with nieces, nephews, brothers, sisters, brother in laws, sister in law, and grandparents, the Murray State season football ticket sales have just increased by about 15!:cool: Mr. and Mrs. Blue Blazer, Little Blue Blazer, and Little Miss Blue Blazer along with UKCATSFAN will be making the trip for sure every weekend!:ylsuper: