UK Fans, be thankful, we could have Rick Barnes.

mexitucky

I swear, you have done nothing but insult each and everyone associated with the UK program for the past 2 weeks. Do you really have nothing better to do?:rolleyes:

Everyone pays their money and posts their opinions. Isn't that what makes message boards great?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone pays their money and posts their opinions. Isn't that what makes message boards great?

I agree, but sometimes it's done just to be negative.

Case in point, Lucas and Patterson have both been quoted as saying UK would not be on their lists if Tubby wasn't the coach. Iam's reply to that is that no one wants to play Tubby's style, they wouldn't come to UK because of Tubby.

Opinions are fine, but when those opinions are proved wrong by facts, and you still won't budge, you lose all credibility.

I swear, you have done nothing but insult each and everyone associated with the UK program for the past 2 weeks. Do you really have nothing better to do?:rolleyes:

What have I said insulting? Tubby is a bad recruiter? Did next to nothing in the off time between seasons to make changes? Bobby Perry isn't (or shouldn't be) good enough to start? Sheray Thomas shouldn't be at UK? The play calling in some crucial times was questionable at best? There have been A LOT of under achieving kids play for Tubby at UK? Tubby hasn't faired extremely well in putting guys in the pros? A lot of CATS now fall under those questions, all of which are valid things to be negative about. What are the UK positives? PP and JL aren't committed. Some junior center who isn't the greatest prospect and wasn't really on radar after the AAU circuit gives us a soft verbal. He's already shown interest and told other schools he's interested and has plenty of time to change his mind.

I have a lot of valid reasons to be concerned/upset. Where are the positive things you've been posting? Bobby Perry had a decent game in a loss? Woo had 9 points in 9 minutes? Not much positive on this end.

I agree, but sometimes it's done just to be negative.

Case in point, Lucas and Patterson have both been quoted as saying UK would not be on their lists if Tubby wasn't the coach. Iam's reply to that is that no one wants to play Tubby's style, they wouldn't come to UK because of Tubby.

Opinions are fine, but when those opinions are proved wrong by facts, and you still won't budge, you lose all credibility.

I questioned why they would want to play for Tubby because others have went elsewhere. I also stated that PP and JL both signing would def. change my opinion of Tubby because it would be 2 pretty good classes in a row. Billy Donavan is Florida's coach and players can go there too. Snow in Lexington and Sweet 16 exits or Final fours sunshine. Do I want to be like Randolph Morris or Horford and Noah? Do I want to average 12 points a game or 15? Do I want to pass up shots and play for a team that averages 65 points a game or 80? Roy Williams will get me drafted in the first round and make me rich.

Look at the recruits who have left. One was a pro. Several left disgruntled because they weren't happy. It's like a lot of guys get to Lexington and can't wait to get out.

I think Tubby is a pretty good coach, but I also think there are better coaches out there. However, he's responsible for surrounding himself with a good staff, good players, and competing for National Championships. If PP and JL go elsewhere do you see that anywhere in the future because I don't. It will be another what if.

I don't understand. Barnes did recruit and sign maybe the best player in the country, as opposed to Tubby...

Barnes did defeat a top ten team, as opposed to Tubby....

What am I missing?

Did you watch them play? Texas beat them due to talent, and should be a top 5 team. They have yet to reach full potential. Coaching, in my opinion, is a major reason. If you are watching a 10 pt lead slip away, and the opposing team is on a major run, don't you call time out and figure out a way to get your best player the ball against a junk defense? In-game coaching is what I was talking about. What you missed is that Texas won despite Barnes, not b/c of him.

Does it matter what Barnes did? Texas still won by 2. A win is a Win.

Here's my pt. Barnes has a very good team, with the biggest star in college basketball right now. He won a game by two, and a win is a win. However, how you win, and you ability to pull out the win is a good indicator of how the team will look come tournament time. This game should have never been that close. There is no excuse for not getting touches for Durant, especially when A&M is in the midst of a 22-7 run. Not a single set was called out of a timeout to get him the ball. They won this game, but there is an indication that come tournament time, he's not going to make the key adjustments needed to put his team over the top. That's my point.

A&M went to a triangle and 2 with the sole intent to deny Durant the ball so Barnes looked to his other VERY talented players to score. How did they do? Augustine had 25, James had 22 and Abrams had 16. They have lost a few close games because they are so young and inexperienced, but to question Barnes and put him over Tubby is a riot. How many close games has UK lost this year? Answer? Most of them. WEAK...

A&M went to a triangle and 2 with the sole intent to deny Durant the ball so Barnes looked to his other VERY talented players to score. How did they do? Augustine had 25, James had 22 and Abrams had 16. They have lost a few close games because they are so young and inexperienced, but to question Barnes and put him over Tubby is a riot. How many close games has UK lost this year? Answer? Most of them. WEAK...

What did he do to get Durant the ball during the run??? Nothing. It was a 22-7 run, nobody was scoring. That's my point. The offense was stagnant and he did nothing to get the ball to Durant. No adjustments, not weak. As a recruiter, I'll take Barnes any day of the week and twice on Sunday, but as a bench coach, I'm not impressed.

What did he do to get Durant the ball during the run??? Nothing. It was a 22-7 run, nobody was scoring. That's my point. The offense was stagnant and he did nothing to get the ball to Durant. No adjustments, not weak. As a recruiter, I'll take Barnes any day of the week and twice on Sunday, but as a bench coach, I'm not impressed.

So you dismiss the fact that A&M is one of the better defensive teams in the country and they were selling out to stop him? News flash, teams go in slumps from time to time and it has nothing to do with the coach. WEAK...

What was the score. Darn if A&M wasn't so good on defense it may have been 200 to 198.

Ask Kansas and UCLA if it's easy to score on A&M. Sometimes teams make shots regardless of the defense in front of them, but I guess you forgot what that is like... :p