South Laurel vs Williamsburg notes.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there chants of No Mercy against Williamsburg last year in district play?

and to be honest with you all..... Williamsburg doesn't have the numbers to keep a conistent program going from year to year, it's just the nature of the small school. Most coaches who want to win year in and year out are not going to want to deal with that. Even Wright would have come to the Burg he would have left as soon as a better job was opened. Now there are exceptions to this rule, but for the most part nope, or Williamsburg could have kept a Coach longer than they have. Although I think Robinson may stick around for a while.

Actually the Burg has ran off its last three coaches....West, Haynes and Jones....not a good track record for the Jackets. Of course all three were for different reasons...West was said to be too competitive and pushed too hard, Haynes was not competitive enough and would not play anyone and Jones for personal reasons. Maybe the Jackets are just hard to please.

Actually the Burg has ran off its last three coaches....West, Haynes and Jones....not a good track record for the Jackets. Of course all three were for different reasons...West was said to be too competitive and pushed too hard, Haynes was not competitive enough and would not play anyone and Jones for personal reasons. Maybe the Jackets are just hard to please.

So which ones are you saying the "Burg" should of tried to keep?

So which ones are you saying the "Burg" should of tried to keep?

None of them actually. If the system is not happy with a Coach then they should rid themselves of the person and move on. Just make sure it is for the right reasons and not a personal witch hunt. Point I was making is that perhaps the goals of the people making those decisions is vastly different from the measures needed to maintain a level of competitiveness that most fans desire. Musical coaching chairs is not always the answer. Look at Barbourville, a similar sized school, who consistently fields competitive squads. They have had the same leader for over 20 seasons. I would hope Coach Robinson will be allowed to mature and grow into a fine and experienced Head Coach. If people become impatient or discontent with his decisons then the tail spin will continue in Jacket Land for another five to ten seasons. I do feel the Jackets are on the road to recovery. The results may not show for another season or two though.

None of them actually. If the system is not happy with a Coach then they should rid themselves of the person and move on. Just make sure it is for the right reasons and not a personal witch hunt. Point I was making is that perhaps the goals of the people making those decisions is vastly different from the measures needed to maintain a level of competitiveness that most fans desire. Musical coaching chairs is not always the answer. Look at Barbourville, a similar sized school, who consistently fields competitive squads. They have had the same leader for over 20 seasons. I would hope Coach Robinson will be allowed to mature and grow into a fine and experienced Head Coach. If people become impatient or discontent with his decisons then the tail spin will continue in Jacket Land for another five to ten seasons. I do feel the Jackets are on the road to recovery. The results may not show for another season or two though.

I agree with you Bubba. I think Whitley could also learn from this.

I personally think Coach Robinson will be around for awhile. Hopefully there will be much more improvement over the next couple of years. I think it will help that Williamsburg will have no seniors next year.

West would have probably stayed at Williamsburg but got caught up in some school politics that were not his doing and got out of there...

Haynes was a bad hire, he was just too old IMO and lacked the energy...

Jones just had to leave...

I would just call it a series of unfortunate events...

You have to remeber though....... Barbourville has no football team and is known as a basketball school where as the Jackets are a football school.

You can say Haynes was a bad hire but he won Coach of the Year at the burg, then things went south.

Jones looked to be a good thing for the Burg but .......

You have to remeber though....... Barbourville has no football team and is known as a basketball school where as the Jackets are a football school.

You can say Haynes was a bad hire but he won Coach of the Year at the burg, then things went south.

Jones looked to be a good thing for the Burg but .......

Did Barborville ever win a 50th District champonship?