Perry 89 Powell 86

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell plays PCC to a 3 point game on the road, after beating Hazard by 10 last week.

Lee loses by 2 to Henry Clay tonight.

Estill loses by 1 in O.T. to a 20 win Breathitt team tonight.

Sounds like the 56th district may be a bigger factor in the outcome of the regional champion than has been previously thought. Might even win it.:sssh:

Powell plays PCC to a 3 point game on the road, after beating Hazard by 10 last week.

Lee loses by 2 to Henry Clay tonight.

Estill loses by 1 in O.T. to a 20 win Breathitt team tonight.

Sounds like the 56th district may be a bigger factor in the outcome of the regional champion than has been previously thought. Might even win it.:sssh:

way to represent 56th

Powell could be very dangerous in the tournaments for a lot of reasons, but the main one being they have one heck of a good young coach. This guy is a star on the rise that will no doubt have schools rich in basketball tradition that need a new coach knocking on his door. Good job Powell County, this team has improved from the point of being embarrassed (but without Romans) in preseason by Shelby Valley 100-61 to where they are now, which appears to be as good as anyone in the 14th region and with an outstanding coach and a boat load of seniors will be hard to send home. I think the 14th and 15th play in the first game of the sweet 16, wouldnt that be interesting if SV and Powell get there

Powell's style eliminates a lot of oppertunity to play any structured defense. They are 10 deep and get up and down the floor everynight. A good showing on the road for the Pirates against a very capable PCC team. Should be a great March in the 14th.

Romans had 19 points, dennis had 21 points, pelfrey had 20 points. Overall, powell put up a good fight and even though they lost the game by three points it shows they will be a contender in the 14th region. Some calls could have gone both ways that got powell into foul trouble, but definately a good show at one of the toughest places to win in the region. I would rank Powell second with JBS and Hazard close behind.

I like your observation and thoughts. I would also like to add that there might have been some missed calls due to there only being 2 refs, but you can't blame a game on the refs. I see Powell as a 10-15 point better team, anywhere else but PCC's house. Perry shot lights out, and i think Bailey had atleast 40 points, something like 7 or 8 threes included, wow! I also like PCC at the #1 spot and Powell at the 2 with JBS, Hazard, and Breathitt close behind.:thumb:

I hope everyone keeps overlooking Lee. With wins over Powell, Knott, Buckhorn, and a close loss at Hazard which is equal to losing close at PCC.

They have a slight chance of winning the region also.

You're very right, Lee is a great team, just havent been playing to there potential as of late. Lee won't be forgotten, just havent been talked about much lately. I really thought they would make much more noise in the 14th than they have this year, kind of an upset in the 14th. Good showing against Henry Clay lastnight though, but you can't forget where it was played.