February 15, 200719 yr Duke's biggest problem IMO is that when they need a bucket, they don't have a guy who is their clearcut go to guy that will get them a bucket like JJ or Sheldon would.. or the many before them... I think potentially thier best offensive players are Scheyer and Henderson...
February 15, 200719 yr origanaly posted by futurecoach Duke and UK are alot alike this year in the way they play, and that is how inconsisten that have been so far this year for a whole game...It was a good win by Duke today... The only difference is that Duke is a lot younger. Here is their roster breakdown. Seniors-1 (but he doesn't ever play) Juniors-1 (he starts-Demarcus Nelson) Sophmores-6 (3 start) Greg Paulus, Josh McRoberts, David Mclure, Marcius Pocius comes off the bench. Freshmans-1 starts (Jon Scheyer) 3 come off the bench and get good minutes. Those are Gerald Henderson, Brian Zoubek, Lance Thomas. Commits- Nolan Smith, Kyle Singler, Taylor King, and I think maybe Patrick Patterson.
February 15, 200719 yr origanaly posted by ESPNGUY Duke's biggest problem IMO is that when they need a bucket, they don't have a guy who is their clearcut go to guy that will get them a bucket like JJ or Sheldon would.. or the many before them... I think potentially thier best offensive players are Scheyer and Henderson... True, but McRoberts is starting to score a lot of easy lay-ups.
February 15, 200719 yr I hate to burst anyone's BUBBLE, but this again shows that Duke is a solid ballclub, that simply lacks consistency. Or that the ACC is nowhere near what it has been in the past. :sssh:
February 15, 200719 yr origanaly posted by IMOM Or that the ACC is nowhere near what it has been in the past. They are supposed to get 8 teams in the tourney and last year they got 4. This year they are a better overall confrence. Last year they just had 4 really good teams.
February 15, 200719 yr Author Very big win, but what about this win shows that they are a good ballclub? They beat a good team in their conference on the road. Does the post above seem like it contradicts itself/
February 16, 200719 yr Does the post above seem like it contradicts itself/ No it doesn't. They've won 1 of their last 5. I'm not convinced they're that good. Is Arizona ST. a good team b/c they battled UCLA last night? It was a big win in an absolute must win situation. I'm just not ready to say they're good.
February 16, 200719 yr Author ^ I think they are good...and I am a very good judge of Duke's ability.
February 16, 200719 yr The only difference is that Duke is a lot younger. Here is their roster breakdown. Seniors-1 (but he doesn't ever play) Juniors-1 (he starts-Demarcus Nelson) Sophmores-6 (3 start) Greg Paulus, Josh McRoberts, David Mclure, Marcius Pocius comes off the bench. Freshmans-1 starts (Jon Scheyer) 3 come off the bench and get good minutes. Those are Gerald Henderson, Brian Zoubek, Lance Thomas. Commits- Nolan Smith, Kyle Singler, Taylor King, and I think maybe Patrick Patterson. 2 great pickups if PP commits.
February 16, 200719 yr Author I'm just not ready to say they're good. They have 5 wins against the current Top 25.....how many other teams in the nation could say that?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.