Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thanks Jacob Savage - Ryle's Best

Featured Replies

37 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

I hope he doesn't get discouraged if he doesn't play soon enough. With the portal it's easy to just say "I'll have a better chance over there".

Following the young man over his varsity career, I don't see Savage as that type of player. I see him as a player who's going to work his tail off to find a way to contribute, right away or in the future. He's definitely a Cignetti type player, "TEAM over me". 

Grass isn't always greener as about 6500 players in the portal that STILL don't have a home!  As soon as a player puts his name in the portal, 95% of the coaches cross that player off the list and go find their replacement and a return to the current team is HIGHLY unlikely.

  • Author

Mr. Sixer is on target.  Jacob is definitely a hard-working, blue-collar type of player that fits into Coach Cig's mold.  The photo with Fernando is cool.  It's amazing to see how he took time for an incoming player last week while preparing to win the national championship.  I'm glad that Jacob could enroll early to experience the Hoosier championship run. Jacob is the same character of person that Fernando is.  It's all about helping the team develop and working your tail off to be the very best at your position. I do believe that Jacob will be a lot like Aiden Fisher, a beast attacking the ball in traffic or on the edge and blitzing effectively occasionally.  It will be extra-competitive at IU now that they are an excellent top-of-the line team. I would not be surprised if Jacob starts at IU by the 2027 season.

2 hours ago, StraightShooter said:

Mr. Sixer is on target.  Jacob is definitely a hard-working, blue-collar type of player that fits into Coach Cig's mold.  The photo with Fernando is cool.  It's amazing to see how he took time for an incoming player last week while preparing to win the national championship.  I'm glad that Jacob could enroll early to experience the Hoosier championship run. Jacob is the same character of person that Fernando is.  It's all about helping the team develop and working your tail off to be the very best at your position. I do believe that Jacob will be a lot like Aiden Fisher, a beast attacking the ball in traffic or on the edge and blitzing effectively occasionally.  It will be extra-competitive at IU now that they are an excellent top-of-the line team. I would not be surprised if Jacob starts at IU by the 2027 season.

Agree that Jacob will be a major contributor at some point, but I see him in the same mold as Isaiah Jones, 6'2" 230lbs, who can play in space by being in the right place at the right time.  Either way his future is bright and he definitely chose the right school to continue his educational and athletic career. Look forward to seeing him in the future.

Jordan Nevels posted on Facebook that Savage is back in town training. I guess during spring break. He said Savage is the second fastest and strongest linebacker for Indiana.

20 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Jordan Nevels posted on Facebook that Savage is back in town training. I guess during spring break. He said Savage is the second fastest and strongest linebacker for Indiana.

He was one of my favorite opposing players to watch in Kentucky over the last 20 years.  Best LB in Kentucky last year & not only will he have a major impact on Saturday games in short order, but as long as he stays healthy, he has serious Sunday potential in the future.

  • Author
8 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

He was one of my favorite opposing players to watch in Kentucky over the last 20 years.  Best LB in Kentucky last year & not only will he have a major impact on Saturday games in short order, but as long as he stays healthy, he has serious Sunday potential in the future.

I agree with you, U97. Jacob is my favorite Raider in the 25 or so years that I have followed Ryle football. He has Sunday potential at LB.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.