How Many Teams Have A Shot At the Nat'l Championship

cch5432

I considered them because of Durant but I just don't think that they have enough to go with him to make a 6 game run in the Tourney.

I think their biggest challenge will be the 2nd round. Young teams are often very inconsistent with only 48 hours to prepare. If they get out of the first weekend with some confidence they are as dangerous as anyone...

I considered them because of Durant but I just don't think that they have enough to go with him to make a 6 game run in the Tourney.

I considered them too, kind of like the Melo Syracuse team, but that Syracuse team had more players to go with Carmelo than this Texas team does to go with Durrant.

They have a chance though...that's all I'm saying. No way I'd expect them to win it, but they have the best player and they some good talent around him. Their youth might be their undoing, but freshmen have delivered big in the tournament before, so it's not like there is no precedent for it.

There's no way I can see people thinking UK has a shot and ruling Texas out...I'll take talent over experience any day and win more than I lose. Not that I'm saying UK has no chance. I think they do...I wouldn't give them or Texas great odds, but a chance is a chance.

Anyway, that's just the way I see college hoops these days...there are many more teams with a chance than before. Last year is a perfect example...when I look at it, it's hard for me to see anyone besides the best teams during the season winning it all, but the reality is, anything can happen if a team gets the right matchups and gets hot and catches a break or two. There is no way to predict that.