Texas' Defense

C-A-T-S

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to defend the D of a team due to the man crush on one player? It's getting deep GT....

Where did I defend the D? It is what it is. They play 2-3 to protect what they can do on offense, and there are 6 freshman getting most of the minutes. If you want to ignore the fact that Ok St, K St and Texas A&M hit some tough shots in big games, go ahead. Teams are hitting shots, so the D is obviously in question at this point. But with the way they can score, they keep most games close. Maybe UK can see them in round 2 or 3 and we can get a better grasp on things... :p

GT, we all know that you are in love with this texas team...

Durant was the basis for my claim to start the season, and I knew the flaws in making that pick when I did. They are brilliant on O and often bad on D. We'll see how it plays out soon enough. You guys sound a bit like the 18% crowd after playing Georgia and Vandy a few weeks ago... :walk:

Durant was the basis for my claim to start the season, and I knew the flaws in making that pick when I did. They are brilliant on O and often bad on D. We'll see how it plays out soon enough. You guys sound a bit like the 18% crowd after playing Georgia and Vandy a few weeks ago... :walk:

:D Interesting how much backpedaling your starting to do now. Somehow you find a way to criticize UK all the while. Do you consider that a talent?

:D Interesting how much backpedaling your starting to do now. Somehow you find a way to criticize UK all the while. Do you consider that a talent?

I consider picking a kid no one was talking about to be the big star this season as having an eye for talent. As I watch TV and read the major sports sites online, it seems they are catching up to what I said in November. Sounds a lot like last year. But if you guys are uncomfortable with how right I am more often than not, I understand... :p

I consider picking a kid no one was talking about to be the big star this season as having an eye for talent. As I watch TV and read the major sports sites online, it seems they are catching up to what I said in November. Sounds a lot like last year. But if you guys are uncomfortable with how right I am more often than not, I understand... :p

Im glad you were the 1 who knew how good this Texas team would be (National Championship worthy). Theyve only got what 7 or 8 losses right now? :eek:

Im glad you were the 1 who knew how good this Texas team would be (National Championship worthy). Theyve only got what 7 or 8 losses right now? :eek:

Sounds quite a bit like the Gators last year. :p

And much like picking Florida early last year it's a simple formula. Take a team ranked in the 15-25 range preseason with the most talent and go with them over the conventional picks. The young guys at Texas have a month to get better on D. If they do, I'm positive there aren't many that will be happy to see them in their bracket...

Sounds quite a bit like the Gators last year. :p

And much like picking Florida early last year it's a simple formula. Take a team ranked in the 15-25 range preseason with the most talent and go with them over the conventional picks. The young guys at Texas have a month to get better on D. If they do, I'm positive there aren't many that will be happy to see them in their bracket...

Yeah Florida's team, last year, this year, or whenever would destroy Texas inside. And thats what will happen to Texas in the tournament the 1st time they face a tournament team with good big men.

Florida lost 6 games all year last year. Id say Texas is on their way to 10+losses IMO.