Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 61 Greenup County 54

Featured Replies

  • Author

Jon VanHoose led the way for the Devils with 29 points, which would include seven 3-pointers. I don't know about you but you might want to guard the kid if no one else. I'll be darn if I ever would let one kid beat me, contrary to Rupp’s philosophy on Pistol Pete. I think VanHoose is the motor for this team and if you stall him the Russell machine stalls.

Jon VanHoose led the way for the Devils with 29 points, which would include seven 3-pointers. I don't know about you but you might want to guard the kid if no one else. I'll be darn if I ever would let one kid beat me, contrary to Rupp’s philosophy on Pistol Pete. I think VanHoose is the motor for this team and if you stall him the Russell machine stalls.

 

They have been alot of people try to guard him. Its no secret and your not the first one that has thought of this. He is a division 1 player at a high school level. Its not that easy to guard a 6'5" shooting guard. He had 42 at Rowan last week. I believe Coach Daniels knew he was on the team. I dont think he is a secret.:sssh: Most teams dont have any 6'5" defenders.:rolleyes: Good Effort with everything that is going on down there. Hopefully its all over. I have a feeling its not.

Vanhoose with 17 of 23 in first half Devils lead by 2.

More balanced scoring effort in second half and Devils win going away.

Vanhoose with 17 of 23 in first half Devils lead by 2.

More balanced scoring effort in second half and Devils win going away.

 

Good defensive adjustment at the half. Did they change who was guarding him or try a zone??

Thgis one was closer than I thought that it would had been. Congrats to Russell and the GCHS kids must still have some fight in them. A credit to the GCHS kids after what all has went down this season.:thumb: I just check this core/thread after watching Scott Co. upset the #1 ranked h.s. team in the nation (Huntington High)

This was a ten point game at the end of the third and about a 13 point game

for most of the fourth. Greenup scored 4 or 6 points against the JV at the

end of the ballgame. For a rivalry game and coming off a tough loss, I'll take

a win on the road.

Vanhoose with 17 of 23 in first half Devils lead by 2.

More balanced scoring effort in second half and Devils win going away.

You beat me to it. Russell is much tougher when Gill, Blair and Robinson are more than just spectators. This showed in the second half tonight.

They have been alot of people try to guard him. Its no secret and your not the first one that has thought of this. He is a division 1 player at a high school level. Its not that easy to guard a 6'5" shooting guard. He had 42 at Rowan last week. I believe Coach Daniels knew he was on the team. I dont think he is a secret.:sssh: Most teams dont have any 6'5" defenders.:rolleyes: Good Effort with everything that is going on down there. Hopefully its all over. I have a feeling its not.

 

 

That's a very generous height listing for Vanhoose there, did Shooter tell you that? LOL!!!!

A GREAT win for the Devils tonight behind another strong performance by Vanhoose who single-handedly led Russell the 1st half. Russell played much better in the 2nd half with a much more balanced attack with Gill, Blair, Robinson, and Turner all contributing. The atmosphere was electric early with Russell coming to town on a hectic day for Greenup. It was nice to see the Devils play well after a lackluster performance at Ironton on Tuesday. Congrats on the win Devils, it's now time to go to work for a week before our next game next Friday.

This was a ten point game at the end of the third and about a 13 point game

for most of the fourth. Greenup scored 4 or 6 points against the JV at the

end of the ballgame. For a rivalry game and coming off a tough loss, I'll take

a win on the road.

 

 

Greenup's JV was in too.

 

Greenup showed a lot tonight, they will be a contender if Greenup progresses after this game.

That's a very generous height listing for Vanhoose there, did Shooter tell you that? LOL!!!!

 

If Vanhoose is 6'5", then I'm 8'4".

Greenup's JV was in too.

 

Greenup showed a lot tonight, they will be a contender if Greenup progresses after this game.

 

:laugh:

:laugh:

:laugh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.