Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Great Crossing 55 George Rogers Clark 43

Featured Replies

#2 Great Crossing (23-4) ??
vs.
#7 George Rogers Clark (20-4) ??

The Warhawks get 22 & 20 from Moreno to end GRC's 55 game home win streak. They crushed the Cards on the glass, 46-19.

Box Score

GjolkZmW4AAuFFS.thumb.jpeg.3533955fb52f862104c01fd3c3fb6782.jpeg

Courtesy of X.

  • Author

Moreno is truly 1️⃣ of 1️⃣. That three point attempt never had a prayer of getting off. 

You don’t often see one guy outrebound an entire top ten team all by himself. 

I watched this one and I think Moreno will make an immediate impact at UK. He looks every bit of 7’1” and has gotten stronger which I think is huge for him. I think he will be a good rim protector, interior defender and rebounder right away. And I think he will be just fine offensively as well, and that aspect will only get better with time. 
 

As far as him getting 20 boards, he stayed in the lane on defense. With his length and athleticism, and him rarely leaving the paint, it’s not hard to see why he would have 20 boards in that game. I think he averages about 15.

Watched this game live, great crowd with tourney atmosphere, both teams played great half court defense and made it tough to get a high percentage shot off, definitely two teams that could match up again in state tournament.

I agree with nikeman49, great crowd, atmosphere and facility.  The score is not indicative of how close this game was.  With 3-1/ 2 minutes to go it was a tied game.  I really believe GRC is starting to peak at the right time.  We'll see how both teams do come tournament time!! 

My question is how will Malachi Moreno compete going up against another 7-footer in the SEC?  Nobody in Kentucky high school basketball can guard or outbound him right now. 

1 hour ago, brooksville said:

My question is how will Malachi Moreno compete going up against another 7-footer in the SEC?  Nobody in Kentucky high school basketball can guard or outbound him right now. 

Watching him last night, I’m excited about him going to UK. I think he’d get meaningful minutes on this year’s UK team. He moves well for his size and is pretty strong for a 7’1” kid that moves that well. And they’ll probably put another 10 pounds on him by the time the season starts. He anticipates well and is a good and willing passer. Just has a nose for the ball and has good instincts. I can see him as a good fit at the top of Pope’s offense. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.