Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 Murray Tigers

Featured Replies

On 8/11/2025 at 10:02 PM, FB Head said:

 

 

Murray will be traveling to Mayfield to play Hopkinsville and Mayfield on 8/14 before starting the season at Apollo. 

I thought Murray looked good against Hoptown. 

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • zoneblitz24
    zoneblitz24

    Maybe but it sure is built right for the RPI which is what I mean by a good schedule.  Multiple 5A and a 6A team.  I think Apollo will be good this season, McCracken is improving every year, and I thi

  • Murray and Mayfield had scheduled to play each other during week 5 (Sept. 19). This was done by Coach Joe and Murray's coach from what I was told. However a couple of months ago Mayfield called and ha

  • TimeWillTell
    TimeWillTell

    I'm very interested in seeing how they do vs. Apollo. Historically, I would pick Murray, but this year I think this match-up is very intriguing.   

3 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I thought Murray looked good against Hoptown. 

How did they look against Mayfield? Apollo plays Murray next week and I got to get my picks right. HA HA!!! 

Any input would be great. Do they run the ball well or throw it well? Apollo's Defense is really good but exceptional in the secondary. On defense, do they zone a lot or do they play a lot of man? Apollo has a ton of big play capabilities in their WR core. If Murray can get to Johnson they can win, but if they don't stop the pass then it's over in my opinion. 

Just curious what you think Snakesnot..

13 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

How did they look against Mayfield? Apollo plays Murray next week and I got to get my picks right. HA HA!!! 

Any input would be great. Do they run the ball well or throw it well? Apollo's Defense is really good but exceptional in the secondary. On defense, do they zone a lot or do they play a lot of man? Apollo has a ton of big play capabilities in their WR core. If Murray can get to Johnson they can win, but if they don't stop the pass then it's over in my opinion. 

Just curious what you think Snakesnot..

They moved the ball once against Mayfield, down to about the 5 but didn't score. Mayfield scored both times they had the ball and was up 14-0. Murray had their way against Hoptown and scored about every time. Murray can throw it and run it and has a decent size line. Murray seems balanced. I thought Mayfield looked very good against Murray but it's just a scrimmage.

23 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

They moved the ball once against Mayfield, down to about the 5 but didn't score. Mayfield scored both times they had the ball and was up 14-0. Murray had their way against Hoptown and scored about every time. Murray can throw it and run it and has a decent size line. Murray seems balanced. I thought Mayfield looked very good against Murray but it's just a scrimmage.

Mayfield looked much better this week vs both Hoptown and Murray.  They are explosive with their running game (as always) and I thought Kirby did a good job running the offense.  They will only get better once Robbins comes back.  Their defense gave up ground to Murray but tighten up when it counts.  
 

Having 30 mins running clock doesn’t give you a lot to go on. Plus, being just a scrimmage, I’m sure both teams did not show much as they both have big games next week.

I think both teams (Mayfield & Murray) will get better and can have deep post seasons.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.