Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oak Hills 56 Rose Hill 45

Featured Replies

Part 2

About the game I heard Chad Jackson got a technical for dunking in warmups?

Can they give you a T for that?

 

I see schools doing it all the time. :confused:

After the refs come out on the floor, the dunking's over.

Can they give you a T for that?

 

I see schools doing it all the time. :confused:

 

If you notice they stop dunking when the refs come out on the floor and start watching the warm-ups. They can dunk until then. I am not what the official rule is.

Anybody know if Euton and Jackson was in attendance for the UK/UT game?

Anybody know if Euton and Jackson was in attendance for the UK/UT game?

 

 

I believe they were.

If you notice they stop dunking when the refs come out on the floor and start watching the warm-ups. They can dunk until then. I am not what the official rule is.

 

 

Never really thought about it.

 

That's a weird rule. Im not sure what's different about dunking during warmups or during a game. The rim feels it all the same. :confused:

It happened very recently in the Mason Co, Scott Co game a couple weeks ago or whenever it was. Mason got a technical for dunking since the refs were already on the floor. I first heard of the rule back in the Mayo/Rose Hill days when they were dunking during warm ups. Odd rule, but it was explained as most schools aren't prepared to replace a backboard should it break.

I saw Bill Walker tear down a backboard brace and rim at the old Huntington Memorial Field House dunking one during a high school game. It was just as the fourth quarter started and they had to terminate the game early. It did not influence the outcome.

 

The rule still seems unnecessary and unpopular as this is what many fans come to see.

Anybody know if Euton and Jackson was in attendance for the UK/UT game?

Yes they were . Got to go back in the locker room after the game and talk to the players and coaches.

If you notice they stop dunking when the refs come out on the floor and start watching the warm-ups. They can dunk until then. I am not what the official rule is.

I think the rule is -- no dunking is allowed in pregame warmups period. The refs have to see it though to call it .

No game if the board comes down in warmups, not like you can call the custodians to install one.

Any opinions of this performance by Rose Hill?

Any stats?

Is this the Oak Hills that Mayo and Walker played for?

Any opinions of this performance by Rose Hill?

Any stats?

Is this the Oak Hills that Mayo and Walker played for?

Mayo and Walker played for Rose Hill, North College Hill, but not Oak Hills

It happened very recently in the Mason Co, Scott Co game a couple weeks ago or whenever it was. Mason got a technical for dunking since the refs were already on the floor. I first heard of the rule back in the Mayo/Rose Hill days when they were dunking during warm ups. Odd rule, but it was explained as most schools aren't prepared to replace a backboard should it break.

 

Did a specific player receive the technical? How was this handled? Just curious.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.