Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oak Hills 56 Rose Hill 45

Featured Replies

Did a specific player receive the technical? How was this handled? Just curious.

I think that they went ahead and gave it to O.J., he doesn't mind.

I think that they went ahead and gave it to O.J., he doesn't mind.

 

After giving ot tp O.J. all three ref's fell to the floor.

I had heard of the rule, but I have yet to see a 12th region referee enforce.

In McCreary's Arby's/KFC Holiday Classic, several players dunked in warm-ups (and didn't in the game) and the officials had no problems with it.

After giving ot tp O.J. all three ref's fell to the floor.

 

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's the funniest thing I've read on here in a long while.

I think that they went ahead and gave it to O.J., he doesn't mind.

 

Ummmm Seriously..... I believe either a Mason OR Scott county player should have received the technical. Does anyone know?

For all of those wondering, welcome to "Pre-Game 101"...(no tuition required for this class).

 

In warm-ups, both teams, all players participating can dunk, snap the ring, hang on the rim or whatever their coach(s) will allow.

 

However, all of this must come to an end at the 15 minute mark of warm-ups when the officials take the floor to observe the players.

 

If a player grasp the rim or dunks, he/she will be given a technical foul.

 

This goes in the scorebook as a team foul, a personal foul to the guilty player and is a in-direct technical foul to the head coach. The head coach is also put in the seatbelt rule, meaning he can not stand to coach and he has lost the opportunity to be in the coach's box. The coach can only stand to applaud a play and to call a time-out.

 

Hope this helps all of those wondering.

This might have been the problem. Since the game before the RH game ran long the clock for warmups started at fifteen minutes instead of the usual twenty or twenty-five minute. They should have realized it, but they are kids.

This might have been the problem. Since the game before the RH game ran long the clock for warmups started at fifteen minutes instead of the usual twenty or twenty-five minute. They should have realized it, but they are kids.

 

I might add that sometimes you don't even see them come out on the floor. Another player dunked the ball before Chad ( within 5-10 seconds before) so I'm curious as to when the rule takes effect. Is it when the refs are on the floor facing the players OR when they first step into the gym?

Here's a thought ...

Why practice it if you're not going to use it.

 

I'd like to see some of these capable boys throw a few down during a game.

Talk about setting the tone for a game.

 

If it's happened and I've missed it, my loss.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.