Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12th region top players

Featured Replies

Is the guard from Lincoln the one that broke his hand or arm?

 

Thats Noah Keaton i believe...Not sure if he is the one he is referring to but he is the one who is injured..Very nice shooter

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have witnessed this season Spencer Perrin from Boyle County IMO is the best player in the 12th region.

2. John Perkins - Pulaski County

Anyone know what schools have contacted Perrin?

  • Author

I would have to say that their a kid from Lincoln name Trent Calhoun who i think could start on any team in the 12th region. Maybe any team in most region. He's starting at Lincoln now, because the shooting guard broke his hand in practice. To reply to Hector, the nice shooting guard is Noah Keaton.

Yes, Trent Calhoun is a very gifted athlete, why hasn't he started for Lincoln in the past? How can you keep a kid with that much athleticisim and the ability to take over a game out of the starting lineup? I believe that Lincoln is just realizing that if they play 32 minutes together they will be a tough team to beat come tourney time, they should only get better when Keaton returns.

Yes, Trent Calhoun is a very gifted athlete, why hasn't he started for Lincoln in the past? How can you keep a kid with that much athleticisim and the ability to take over a game out of the starting lineup? I believe that Lincoln is just realizing that if they play 32 minutes together they will be a tough team to beat come tourney time, they should only get better when Keaton returns.

 

Calhoun is a good player, but he's not an outstanding basketball player. He often looks lost on the floor, sort of like he's not really sure how to play basketball. He does have plenty of athleticism, but rarely has he "taken over a game." With that being said, however, if he had played more over the last few years, he might be a better basketball player today.

  • Author

I know enough about the game to know that if he was anywhere else beside Lincoln Co. he would be a factor. By the way Garrard Co. would love to have him and many like him.

Best 6th man I have saw in the 12th is Robert Corder from Wayne. Perrin is a very nice player for Boyle. Didnt he attend Danville last year?

Best 6th man I have saw in the 12th is Robert Corder from Wayne. Perrin is a very nice player for Boyle. Didnt he attend Danville last year?

 

Yes he did, he played but was on and off the court for some "issues"

I can't believe that no one has even mentioned Dixon from Pulaski. He isn't even the best player on his team but he completely changes how you have to play them. Perkins is clearly the man at PC but I think Dixon is the next most important player on the team. There is no way I would mention Ty Perkins before Dixon, I admit Ty has the ability to be a great player but at this point his results shouldn't even get him mentioned in this thread in my opinion.

I would have to say that their a kid from Lincoln name Trent Calhoun who i think could start on any team in the 12th region. Maybe any team in most region. He's starting at Lincoln now, because the shooting guard broke his hand in practice. To reply to Hector, the nice shooting guard is Noah Keaton.

Lincoln has had several kids in the last few years that would start at any other school in the 12th but struggled for playing time at LC.. Reed, started as a Frosh at LC, all District, all area team, was disinvitated to play his Sr. year at LC. Long, not only struggled for playing time, got no playing time his Jr. year at LC, played his Sr. year at Oak Hill, playing college ball in Mississippi. In the last two years 11 or 12 boys that have made the varsity did not finish their careers at LC. There is alot more going on at LC than most outsiders know.

  • Author

Do tell 2kr11. What do you think the problem is at Lincoln. The basketball world in the 12 region would like to know.. Lincoln hasn't been to the state tourney since 1980. Why is that? I hear that this is the year, Yes or No? I do pick them to win the 12 region. I've watch them play a few times and they're talented. I know they have that little problem, but that group of kids we overcome.

I can't believe that no one has even mentioned Dixon from Pulaski. He isn't even the best player on his team but he completely changes how you have to play them. Perkins is clearly the man at PC but I think Dixon is the next most important player on the team. There is no way I would mention Ty Perkins before Dixon, I admit Ty has the ability to be a great player but at this point his results shouldn't even get him mentioned in this thread in my opinion.

 

I am sitting here reading this topic and thinking the same thing. I couldn't agree more. Dixon has great hands and to be only his first year at the varsity level. Does anybody know if anybody is looking at Dixon or John Perkins?

 

:fight:

I know enough about the game to know that if he was anywhere else beside Lincoln Co. he would be a factor. By the way Garrard Co. would love to have him and many like him.

 

I'll assume this comment was directed toward me. You are right; certainly Garrard County would benefit from a couple players like Calhoun. I simply meant in my post that Calhoun isn't a great player (even for the 12th region) and thus shouldn't be a candidate for "best player in the region."

I am sitting here reading this topic and thinking the same thing. I couldn't agree more. Dixon has great hands and to be only his first year at the varsity level. Does anybody know if anybody is looking at Dixon or John Perkins?

 

:fight:

 

 

He is a liability on defense.

Casey Dalton- Southwestern

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.