DBL Law 9th vs. 10th Hardwood Classic at Augusta

The inaugural 9th vs 10th hardwood classic at the historic Augusta gymnasium, sponsored by DBL Law, takes place this Saturday with a full slate of games. 

Noon - (girls) Highlands vs Montgomery County

1:30 - (girls) Lloyd Memorial vs Augusta 

3:00 - (boys) Cooper vs Mason County

4:30 - (boys) Dayton vs Bracken County

6:00 - (boys) Dixie Heights vs Augusta

Make plans to spend the day in Augusta for some hoops and hospitality!  IMG_3360.thumb.jpeg.c11839a142c33d11e8ee5048e4027671.jpeg

I am suspecting that the tournament’s name includes Classic because the Panthers’ Den is truly a throwback classic.  Chance for real basketball fans to get that a roundball experience of years gone by.  Us old timers really appreciate this immaculately maintained facility.  Plus get a great dining experience at the Beehive or Imogene Shepherd’s General Store.  A tour of the new Augusta Distillery is an awesome delight.

• Like 2

• theguru changed the title to DBL Law 9th vs 10th Hardwood Classic at Augusta
1 hour ago, Oldercoach said:

I am suspecting that the tournament’s name includes Classic because the Panthers’ Den is truly a throwback classic.  Chance for real basketball fans to get that a roundball experience of years gone by.  Us old timers really appreciate this immaculately maintained facility.  Plus get a great dining experience at the Beehive or Imogene Shepherd’s General Store.  A tour of the new Augusta Distillery is an awesome delight.

I didn't know you were employed by the Augusta Tourism Board...

• theguru changed the title to DBL Law 9th vs. 10th Hardwood Classic at Augusta
15 hours ago, brooksville said:

This is the 3rd year of the “9/10 Challenge” which Bracken County held for two years and passed on to Augusta.  Cooper vs. Mason County and Highlands vs. Montgomery County girls should be great games. 

You think that Mason/Cooper game will really be all that? I think cooper could 15-20+ them. The 9th is so much better than the 10th this year. 

Campbell beat Mason by 11 and only lost to GRC by 3. IMO I think all 3 big dogs from the 9th are head and shoulders above the top of the 10th. I mean CCH just beat Campbell by 23 coulda been more. And they lost the reed brothers so that's some scoring they lose!

2 hours ago, GoBucks97 said:

Campbell beat Mason by 11 and only lost to GRC by 3. IMO I think all 3 big dogs from the 9th are head and shoulders above the top of the 10th. I mean CCH just beat Campbell by 23 coulda been more. And they lost the reed brothers so that's some scoring they lose!

And cooper just beat CCH by the way!!

Cooper’s physical style of game on a small floor would have been extremely hard for the Royals to handle with the Reeds.  Now Coach Kirk will have to pull a rabbit out and nobody historically does that against Tim Sullivan’s teams.  Physical, smart, disciplined, and athletic will win the day by 20.

• Like 1