What in the past would blow up Social Media?

12 minutes ago, allsport71 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that a year or two before the three point goal, also he did it against a decent Holmes team.

You're right. The 3-point line was adopted by the KHSAA for the 1987-88 season. Scott Draud's record came on Feb 22, 1986 in a 116-95 victory by Highlands over Holmes. Draud was 27-38 from the field and 15-17 from the free throw line. He averaged something bonkers like 35 points per game that season.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, allsport71 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that a year or two before the three point goal, also he did it against a decent Holmes team.

You are correct Scott Draud never had a 3 point line for his 9th Region all time scoring record.

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2023 at 1:57 PM, gchs_uk9 said:

The 1928 state championship game between Carr Creek and Ashland. Ashland won 13-11 in four overtimes in a time when basketball overtime was sudden death. The takes (and KHSAA blame!) about that overtime setup would have been apoplectic during that game!

Wow, I never knew that was actually used for overtime in the sport.  Just thought it was a wild suggestion when doing a NBA 2K franchise for rules changes!