16th Region Poll 1/21/07

Russell did everything in their power to lose that game to a very well coached (Hicks) Greenup team. Officiating was pathetic for both squads that night as was evedent with 2 shots being taken with no time left. If both teams played "good" games then Russell runs away with a victory more than 2 points with no time remaining. I am looking forward to that rematch in the future.

Well that is the way the game ended. Greenup was up 8-0 early in the game and didn't play good ball either until the 4th quarter. I don't think Russell or Greenup could run away with a win against the other opponent. Indeed it will be a good rematch. A must see. The best rival in the 16th Region

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pgfromky, How can Ashland be below RH since they just beat them tonight also.

Did you go to the Russell/GC game? I was there and I didnt think Russell played well at all and GC played average (not up to their capability).

That was the best game I have EVER seen Hicks coach well and when these two teams get together again, no matter if one team is supposedly better than the other it will be a knock down, drag out fight till the bitter end with these two.

Pgfromky, How can Ashland be below RH since they just beat them tonight also.

Did you go to the Russell/GC game? I was there and I didnt think Russell played well at all and GC played average (not up to their capability).

That was the best game I have EVER seen Hicks coach well and when these two teams get together again, no matter if one team is supposedly better than the other it will be a knock down, drag out fight till the bitter end with these two.

Russell and Greenup didn't play well, the first time they played. I agreed with you the first time and this time as well. Also, you made the comment above Russell can run away with a victory against Greenup. You're saying two different things. However, I disagree. Like I said above, Greenup and Russell cannot run away with a victory against each other. In other words, Greenup will not beat Russell by 15+ and Russell will not beat Greenup by 15+.

PG, What I am implying is that even though Hicks coached a very good game in the first showdown. Russell played below their capabilities and GC played average IMO, and IF both teams played their "best" games against each other I would think that Russell will beat them by double digits. It is just that IMO Russell is a Much Better Team than Greenup.

Just trying to give Cubster something to chew on till the weekend battles arrive.

1. Russell

2. Elliott

3. Ashland

4. Rowan

5. Greenup

6. Rose Hill

7. East (H2H win vs Boyd, 52-50 on 1/12)

8. Boyd

Time to re-up my rankings and give my opinion on next weeks rankings.

After consideration, I believe that I was too harsh on RH for 1 loss against a good Ashland Team.

1. Russell

2. Elliott

3. Ashland

4. Rose Hill

5. Rowan

6. Greenup

7. East

8. Boyd

Now the bottom 8 are going to get worst to rank due Fleming knocking of Morgan Co tonite.

1. Russell-not beaten in 16th

2. Elliott-can flat score in bunches, tough to defend

3. Ashland-gaining confidence quickly

4. Greenup-still think they are better than Rowan...esp. on neutral court.

5. Rowan-big post player, great guard, solid role players.

Rowan is too high, Vanhoose nearly outscored them tonight!

1. Russell-not beaten in 16th

2. Elliott-can flat score in bunches, tough to defend

3. Ashland-gaining confidence quickly

4. Greenup-still think they are better than Rowan...esp. on neutral court.

5. Rowan-big post player, great guard, solid role players.

I knew you were a little "off" when I saw your top 5 players but this Thread explains some things.Russell has been beaten-ask Boyd.Rowan just beat Greenup and Greenup has yet to prove themselves in the region,although they did have a nice win vs. Boyd.