June Buchanan 73 Letcher Central 48

uk96

I went and watched this game and was very disappointed how selfish JBS played tonight. The Stepp brothers seemed to have a personal game going on to see who could score the most. They shot the ball every time they touched it and never even tried to pass to wide open people. JBS started out throwing the ball inside and scored easily but that didnt last long. The 4th quarter was spent watching the Stepps shoot some wild shots with both shooting 2 airballs each in the 4th quarter. I bet they shot close to 40-50 shots. This is not what this team needs heading into the All A. The good thing about JBS is that they have so much talent they can get by with this.

I went and watched this game and was very disappointed how selfish JBS played tonight. The Stepp brothers seemed to have a personal game going on to see who could score the most. They shot the ball every time they touched it and never even tried to pass to wide open people. JBS started out throwing the ball inside and scored easily but that didnt last long. The 4th quarter was spent watching the Stepps shoot some wild shots with both shooting 2 airballs each in the 4th quarter. I bet they shot close to 40-50 shots. This is not what this team needs heading into the All A. The good thing about JBS is that they have so much talent they can get by with this.

The older brother wouldn't be mad at how well little bro is playing would he...:sssh:

This is not the way they played in the WYMT. Hopefully they will return to their WYMT form.

I agree with you that they played different in the WYMT and it was not all the players playing that way. Cox played very well and tried to make his other teammates part of the game. Collins,SHort and Hall could score 15 to 20 points a game playing for other teams and they refuse to throw them the ball unless the game is close and they want to win. If they would just play team ball this could be one of the best teams to go out of the mountains in a long time.

The older brother wouldn't be mad at how well little bro is playing would he...:sssh:

No actually that is about the only person he passed to in this game. Now that the younger Stepp is playing Cox has become the 3rd wheel in the show. Cox is by far the best player on this team and makes everyone around him better. CLark Stepp could be a great player if he would pass off when he drives in the lane and 2 guys come out on him. The big men for JBS would have a field day and when he did pass off some teams would stop double teaming him which would open up easy shots for him.When it gets to chrunch time in a close game the kids that usually make the difference are Cox,Collins and Short. Hopefully they will play better team ball in the All A because if they play team ball I dont see anyone beating them...

Clint Stepp 24 points 8-16 3's

Clark Stepp 22 points 6 assists 4 to's 3-9 3'S

Tate Cox 14 points 8 rebounds 6 assists 3 steals

Devin Blair 16 points 6 rebounds

Mike Hogg 12 points 7 rebounds

Cody Adams 8 points 9 rebounds

JBS 13-31 3 pointers

LCC 3-13 3 pointers

JBS 13 26 14 20 73

LCC 17 15 10 6 48

Clint Stepp 24 points 8-16 3's

Clark Stepp 22 points 6 assists 4 to's 3-9 3'S

Tate Cox 14 points 8 rebounds 6 assists 3 steals

Devin Blair 16 points 6 rebounds

Mike Hogg 12 points 7 rebounds

Cody Adams 8 points 9 rebounds

JBS 13-31 3 pointers

LCC 3-13 3 pointers

JBS 13 26 14 20 73

LCC 17 15 10 6 48

These are not the point totals that were on the scoreboard...

I went and watched this game and was very disappointed how selfish JBS played tonight. The Stepp brothers seemed to have a personal game going on to see who could score the most. They shot the ball every time they touched it and never even tried to pass to wide open people. JBS started out throwing the ball inside and scored easily but that didnt last long. The 4th quarter was spent watching the Stepps shoot some wild shots with both shooting 2 airballs each in the 4th quarter. I bet they shot close to 40-50 shots. This is not what this team needs heading into the All A. The good thing about JBS is that they have so much talent they can get by with this.[/QUO

It's a shame that only points will get your name in the headlines of the paper or get you mentioned on this site.If they would starting putting assists leaders in the headlines instead of points we would see more wonderful team play. I've seen a boy shoot as many as 60 plus times in one game. How would you like to play on a team with him, win or lose. Even most tournament all tournament teams are based on how many points a boy or girl gets and assist, rebounds,defense,blocked shots,and steals aren't even looked at or considered. I've seen teams and games where two boys take 90 plus% of the total team shots. COACHES FAULT . Wrong concept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11:ylsuper:

Coaches have to really discipline themselves when coaching their children or close relatives. According to some of these posts the Stepp coaches haven't done this. It takes a TEAM to win the big games. It can't be a one or two man show, unless the one or two men are LaBron James and Kobe Bryant. I realize blood is thicker than water, but coaches have to overcome that if they're going to go very far with a talented team, such as JBS has. Don't forget Cox, Collins, Short, and the rest of the gang.