Bellevue 94 Heritage Academy 42

Class is the reason. The B-Town guys have been on the short end a time or two and the coach slowed down the pace of the game in the final minutes to allow the Eagles to salvage some pride. Those kids played hard and fought all night, Bellevue had one of those nights where everything you throw up goes in. Everyone left with their dignity intact as it should be.

Class is the reason. The B-Town guys have been on the short end a time or two and the coach slowed down the pace of the game in the final minutes to allow the Eagles to salvage some pride. Those kids played hard and fought all night, Bellevue had one of those nights where everything you throw up goes in. Everyone left with their dignity intact as it should be.

While I wasn't there, it seems to me that the coach should have slowed the Pace a bit sooner than "the final minutes". No need to beat anyone by 50+...I don't care who it is. And yes, I realize this is HS basketball, but if the shoe were on the other foot, and it will be some day, Bellevue faithful will likely not be too happy:irked:

Did they shoot 90% or something? Was Heritage missing some players? I can't believe the margin in this one---not implying anything at all and I take your word for it that it was not run up, it's just that these teams are much closer than that and went to overtime earlier in the year, didn't they?

While I wasn't there, it seems to me that the coach should have slowed the Pace a bit sooner than "the final minutes". No need to beat anyone by 50+...I don't care who it is. And yes, I realize this is HS basketball, but if the shoe were on the other foot, and it will be some day, Bellevue faithful will likely not be too happy:irked:

And since you weren't there implying that there was anything but an honorable effort speaks more about you than it does about Bellevue Basketball. The second team played throughout the second half and yes, everything they shot went in. 60+% on the night. I generally think people who witness an event have more credibility than someone just shooting from the hip.

I'm sorry but the shoe has been on the other foot. Bellevue has taken their drubbings, see NCC last year during season I think by 45 pts or something. As a coach myself, you dont want to embarrass the other team but you do not tell your kids to sit back and not play basketball.

If Heritage is that bad then they need to start playing a JV schedule because Bellevue is down this year and for them to beat someone this bad, that doesnt say much for the Heritage program.

It may have been time to slow the pace and work on offense/defense but when you have to tell you kids things like, don't steal the ball or sit back in a 2/3 zone and let them shoot, then it is ridiculous.

I'm sorry but the shoe has been on the other foot. Bellevue has taken their drubbings, see NCC last year during season I think by 45 pts or something. As a coach myself, you dont want to embarrass the other team but you do not tell your kids to sit back and not play basketball.

If Heritage is that bad then they need to start playing a JV schedule because Bellevue is down this year and for them to beat someone this bad, that doesnt say much for the Heritage program.

It may have been time to slow the pace and work on offense/defense but when you have to tell you kids things like, don't steal the ball or sit back in a 2/3 zone and let them shoot, then it is ridiculous.

You do realize that Bellevue and Heritage played earlier this season and that the game went to Overtime with Bellevue winning 77-70 at home?

There is a difference in a drubbing by NCC and a drubbing by Bellevue.... no reason the score should have gotten that out of hand...

There is a difference in a drubbing by NCC and a drubbing by Bellevue.... no reason the score should have gotten that out of hand...

Were you there? Did you see the game? Do you have a clue as to how things happened or are you just throwing insinuations like the other guy?

There was no "running it up." There were no ill feelings after the game. It just came down that way. Bellevue had an exceptional shooting night and Heritage shot poorly. Both teams ran the floor all night in an up-tempo game. Why insist on making something out of nothing? Got some other agenda?

Oh and I see it is okay for a school like NewCath to have wins by such a margin but not Bellevue. Why is that?

Did they shoot 90% or something? Was Heritage missing some players? I can't believe the margin in this one---not implying anything at all and I take your word for it that it was not run up, it's just that these teams are much closer than that and went to overtime earlier in the year, didn't they?

As a matter of fact, they did go into OT earlier in the season when Bellevue had a full bench. However, Bellevue's best scorer wasn't even on the bench the other night!