Is it time for Bill Belichick to retire?

8 hours ago, bugatti said:

I get they are a disaster, but last year he ruined any chance of Mac Jones becoming a serviceable starting QB in this league (which I doubted anyways). They never officially had an offensive coordinator last year, but most of the duties were handed to Matt Patricia, a defensive guy. No clue what in the hell Belichick was doing putting him in that post.

Clearly a majority of the success the Pats had was due to stellar QB play (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)  If Bill was such a master mind evil genius, there would be a banner, somewhere, that says Super Bowl Champion Cleveland Browns.   But their isn't.

On 10/9/2023 at 10:53 PM, Tranquility Base said:

Clearly a majority of the success the Pats had was due to stellar QB play (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)  If Bill was such a master mind evil genius, there would be a banner, somewhere, that says Super Bowl Champion Cleveland Browns.   But their isn't.

that's what I have tried to tell people for years when discussing both of them. Bill was a fired football coach that was struggling even with the Pats before he lucked into Brady when Bledsoe got hurt. The year they won their first Super Bowl, they lost to a horrible Bengals team to start that 2001 season when Bledsoe was still hurting. Bledsoe gets hurt the next game, Brady comes in and the rest is history. 

As a head coach he didn’t accomplish really anything before Brady, and hasn’t accomplished anything since Brady left. While Brady though went on to have success still even without Bill.