2007 DuPont Manual

theguru

To improve, they just need to do what every team does, and work on the fundamentals and gain some strength and speed. Their brains ought to be good enough to get the plays down. Also, as stated many times before by different posters, they need to BELIEVE. A little faith can take this team a long way.

I don't see Manual as being on many radars this year, however they won't be as underestimated as they were this past season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since it was the first time I'd seen it, here is the schedule.

Central

Seneca

Ballard

Henderson Co

StX

Shelby Co

PRP

Butler

Bullitt East

Male

I'll be honest and say that I don't know that much about the team that is returning next year, short of the fact that we will be returning some players that played key positions. The schedule still stayed strong, has much more local flavor with Ballard Seneca Central, but may be a little more winnable than it had been in the past. I will miss the Trinity games that provided some really outstanding matches. I'm also glad to see we are still playing games against top non-Louisville teams like Henderson, I think they really benefit the program by bringing attention to it statewide. These games also allow the rest of the state to see that there is more than just St X, Male, and Trinity to Louisville football.

We don't play Seneca, they play Male in the first game that day (Old Rivalry Bowl- now 2nd week and on a Friday), we play 2nd game vs Christian County.

We graduated a couple of linemen on each side and most of the DB's and our TE/ Punter. We have most of the of Offensive skill players back, Joey Harness will now be a junior with a year as starting varsity Qb under his belt last year he completed 72 of 188 passes with 11 TD's, 6 INT's for 1220 yards (That set records for passes attempted and passes completed during Nichols tenure, and 2nd for yardage).

Rhayven Smith carried 105 times for 763 yards and 11 TD's and caught 12 balls for 158 yards and 1 TD. DJ Hawk carried 66 times for 371 yds and 2 TD's, Chantez Bates 57 times for 361 yards and 3 TD's.

Gerry Cooper returns and had 14 catches for 470 yards and 6 TD's.

Kicker Matt Burnett will be a junior and connected on 3-4 field goals with a long of 32, and 22-29 PAT kicks.

On the line big Dave Ulinksi will now be playing both ways for his senior year after just Defense the last 2 seasons. Brandon Young is being mentioned on recruiting websites and has the size and potential for a big season on defensive line. Jacob Lewellen and Joseph McMillan return as starters on the OL, Ulinski and Young on DL.

Cody Yopp, Bo Eggers, and Patrick Warren are all returning starters at LB, they finished 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in tackles last year in order. Last year Aaron Cosby started 10 of 11 games at Safety and will now also see time at WR, last year in passing leagues Cosby made some incredible catches and should give Harness another good weapon. Marcus Neimann (all name team) will probably be looked on to fill the shoes of TE Nate Miller. TJ Gritton and Eddie Garruto will also see play LB.

We don't play Seneca, they play Male in the first game that day (Old Rivalry Bowl- now 2nd week and on a Friday), we play 2nd game vs Christian County.

We graduated a couple of linemen on...

Sounds great, I thought I had read it the other way on the team website, but that beefs up our schedule with another perinnial power out of the west.

They had it wrong, and are supposed to be fixing it.

make sure you check out the new website taking the place of the eteamz one http://www.manualfootball.com the new webmaster is Manual alum John Wright. They have big things planned for the website this season and hope to have more pictures and video, and they are planning on doing live webcasts "radio" broadcasts of some games.

They had it wrong, and are supposed to be fixing it.

make sure you check out the new website taking the place of the eteamz one www.manualfootball.com the new webmaster is Manual alum John Wright. They have big things planned for the website this season and hope to have more pictures and video, and they are planning on doing live webcasts "radio" broadcasts of some games.

I took a quick look at the website and it looks really nice. Very impressive.