The Coaches Office: Behind the Scenes of HS Football w/ Chuck Smith & David Buchanan : Season 2

Eat your Wheaties… our Podcast Guest for Thanksgiving (7:30 pm EST) is THE Coach Kurt Hines !
The Coaches Office: Behind the Scenes of HS 🏈 w/ Chuck Smith & David Buchanan

Also, we will pick the semifinal winners in this episode.... or... more accurately... we will ATTEMPT to predict the winners!! 🙂

image.png.842c7db7fb78f2f23c8ec6a08721decc.png
  • Like 1

Season 2: Episode 15
Thanksgiving
7:30 EST
4:30 PST
Guest Coach: Kurt Hines of Coronado HS (CA)
How does a guy get 70,000 followers on Twitter?
Boyd Epley
The World Is Flat
Coaching Against Your Son
Be inspired!

I had to brag on Chuck Smith, he won't say a word.

Listener Question: Keegan Kendrick
Tough Topic: Brennin Hazlett

Semifinal Predictions: All 12 Games (we agreed on at least one game in each class... except for one... which class... who was right....who was wrong... we find out Friday Night!)

image.thumb.png.15204981d4fb96220c4ffb75a92b8e69.png

Go behind the scenes of the incredible Hart County season in 2023. Our guest coach this week is THE Chad Griffin, HFC of the Raiders !

How did he do it?

TH, 11/30 7: 30 pm

The Coaches Office: Behind the Scenes of HS 🏈 w/ Chuck Smith & David Buchanan

image.thumb.png.dc3859c9cabc1cead04034a1e6dcff42.png

Season 2: Episode 16

TH, 11/20 7:30 pm EST / 6:30 pm CST

Guest Coach: Chad Griffin, Hart County HFC
1-0
The QB wearing the headset
The Influence of Mark Perry

State Championship Goal Posts

Super Teams

State Championship Picks...Tried to stay on the fence for Trinity and Bryan Station but the old coach kicked me off!

NIL... in the 1920's!

IMG_1300.thumb.JPG.795afc0000a4d2e79cb0b324fa0257d3.JPG

54 minutes ago, Breds82 said:

Great episode. Great interview with Coach Griffin, and very frank answers to both questions. Love the honesty. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the kind words and the feedback. We really want to do a good job for our listeners. We value them. We value their time. We also appreciate people who love KY HS Football.  

If our answers are not honest, no reason to listen. 

Also, our answers must be fair. No exploitation or throwing someone under the bus. 

Our approach to the podcast is the same as when we coach our teams. We want to make it the absolute best it can possibly be.  

From 1969 through 2019, the head football coach at Boyle County HS was either my Dad or someone from his coaching tree, for all but 3 years (1989-1991). That is 48 out of 51 seasons.  While Chuck and I certainly will disagree on some things, that type of culture, consistency, philosophy, commitment to excellence and longevity show up often on our episodes. It is one of those things that can be tough to pinpoint, but I believe that feature makes our podcast unique, and gives it the potential to be exceptional. 

Eat your Wheaties because we are fired up for the long haul!  😎 🎤 🏈

• Like 1