Top NKY Small School Teams in 2023- 1A/2A

TDFEVER

10 minutes ago, TDFEVER said:

Thoughts on some top NKY 1A/2A schools this year?

I've heard that Beechwood might be pretty good. 

All kidding aside, while NewCath and Walton will likely be solid, the discussion pretty much starts and stops with Beechwood, and has for quite a few years.

Yes, everyone expects BW to be good again- that’s not an secret. Also expect To see NCC, WV, Brossart, and HC to have good years! Heard WV and NCC have tough out of district schedules and now that WV is in BW district will be very comp district for the Top 3 and their cross district will be very tough as well with Breathitt, Somerset, Danville, and Leslie! Aug 18 is right around the corner!!!

I look forward to seeing what Dayton does. Coach Herbst has Dayton heading in the right direction. They won their first playoff game in a long time last season. I know they lost some players but I believe they are gaining some good players as well. Don’t know much else, looking forward to the season beginning!

On 6/16/2023 at 12:53 AM, TDFEVER said:

Yes, everyone expects BW to be good again- that’s not an secret. Also expect To see NCC, WV, Brossart, and HC to have good years! Heard WV and NCC have tough out of district schedules and now that WV is in BW district will be very comp district for the Top 3 and their cross district will be very tough as well with Breathitt, Somerset, Danville, and Leslie! Aug 18 is right around the corner!!!

Who does WV return?

From the 2022 roster seem to return about 12-14 SRs with 1-2 coming back from a yr or two off of football. They have a good core of players and this years Freshman class is biggest in recent memory. They have to fill some holes like every other team and if so could be in for a nice season! It’s a competitive schedule too, including their 2 scrimmages against bigger schools!

As far as NCC is concerned I expect Kaleb Cole to be a major contributor.  He saw a lot of varsity action as a freshman.  Started every game as a sophomore.  Plays both sides of the ball as a running back and linebacker.  I see Smith, Welch and Cole as a three headed monster.   The line and receivers will be young and will develop as the season goes on.

• Like 1