Open Job: Caldwell County

Per Todd Griffin with YourSportsEdge, Caldwell County's coach Will Barnes has stepped down as head coach of the Tigers.

Barnes is the son of former Caldwell County head coach Dave Barnes, who passed away unexpectedly in the summer of 2019. Will took over the program for the 2020 season and led the Tigers football program to a 15-14 record over the past three seasons.

No word on what Coach Barnes' next move will be.

On 3/28/2023 at 10:59 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Per Todd Griffin with YourSportsEdge, Caldwell County's coach Will Barnes has stepped down as head coach of the Tigers.

Barnes is the son of former Caldwell County head coach Dave Barnes, who passed away unexpectedly in the summer of 2019. Will took over the program for the 2020 season and led the Tigers football program to a 15-14 record over the past three seasons.

No word on what Coach Barnes' next move will be.

His wife is from Owensboro and just took a Guidance Counselor position in town. To my knowledge, there are no head coaching positions nearby. The move may have been for family dynamics only at this point. 

On 3/29/2023 at 10:44 AM, zoneblitz24 said:

Job still is not posted to the district website.  With this opening up so late is there potential for an internal hire?  I know Caldwell is in a very tough district but this is still a good job in Western Ky. 

Is this late? In my mind, I wouldn't say late until May or June.

If a move to Owensboro is what’s happening what’s the chances we see Barnes on a staff somewhere in Owensboro next season? You would have to think he would be a welcome addition to all four staffs within the city! 

14 hours ago, JD5692 said:

If a move to Owensboro is what’s happening what’s the chances we see Barnes on a staff somewhere in Owensboro next season? You would have to think he would be a welcome addition to all four staffs within the city! 

OC at Senior???

• 5 weeks later...