Fantasy Baseball 2023

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My league is a year long stat accumulation league. Been in this league with most of the same guys for 30 years. When we started the league, one of the guys in the league would get the weekly stats in the newspaper and calculate the standings manually. We were using sabermetrics before most people ever heard about them. That is where all the sabermetrics started - with fantasy baseball guys. 

Sounds like @newarkcatholicfan is in a head to head league. How about everyone else? What type of fantasy baseball league?

On 5/28/2023 at 11:34 PM, Voice of Reason said:

My league is a year long stat accumulation league. Been in this league with most of the same guys for 30 years. When we started the league, one of the guys in the league would get the weekly stats in the newspaper and calculate the standings manually. We were using sabermetrics before most people ever heard about them. That is where all the sabermetrics started - with fantasy baseball guys. 

Sounds like @newarkcatholicfan is in a head to head league. How about everyone else? What type of fantasy baseball league?

Outside of a few random Fanduel contests, I do nothing with fantasy baseball. It's just too long of a season, and requires too much of a time investment. 30+ years ago when I was in college me and a friend of mine won a fantasy baseball contest run by a local newspaper. We had to call a 1-900 number (and pay-we split the cost) to change lineups and pitchers daily. Trying to get starting lineups and injury info back then before game time wasn't easy since there was no internet. We listened to a ton of sports radio (we could get Philly and New York stations) and watched Sportscenter/ESPN constantly. The season was divided in two halves, and we won the second half and the overall season and it cost us about $500 total to play. We won $10k, a cruise for two (which we sold), a Trip to Miami (which we kept) and a bunch of random other stuff. We tried again the following two seasons and didn't even get a sniff of winning anything.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...