JBS 59 Bell Co 58

Clint Stepp is a pure shooter. Put on a show. I counted him with at least 6 threes. Watching him warm up I don't think this was an aberration. Great form. Great release. Bell County is can jump out of the gym. They miss Slusher. He was heads and tails more atheletic than the rest of this team, as hard as that may be to believe. Easy to see why Auburn signed him.

Bell was one of the most athletic teams I have seen in a long time. They can jump out of the gym and never stop on defense. I would love to watch the game when they meet South Laurel in the region. Should be a great game and I think they have a shot to beat South Laurel and that is not taking anything away from South Laurel but this Bell team is nice.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clint is a freshman, JBS will be a force come March, they have a chance of making some noise at Rupp, and next year, with only 1 starter leaving, and all of their scoring coming back, JBS could seriously make a trip to the state finals, Cox and Stepp have one of the best guard combo's in the state, they play so well together

I guess Brent Slusher did what he felt was best for him, getting an early start at Auburn, but I really feel bad for the Bell County team and Coach Whitaker. With Slusher in the game Bell probably wins the WYMT tourney, and would also be a serious threat to South Laurel's dominance in the 13th.

I guess Brent Slusher did what he felt was best for him, getting an early start at Auburn, but I really feel bad for the Bell County team and Coach Whitaker. With Slusher in the game Bell probably wins the WYMT tourney, and would also be a serious threat to South Laurel's dominance in the 13th.

After watching Bell play I honestly think they are a serious threat to SL in the 13th. I think alot of kids stepped up for Bell and if Slusher was there then maybe those kids wouldnt of had the kind of games they did. It probably is unfair to JBS who beat 3 good teams to say IF.....

Slusher should have never played bball regardless of whos fault it is if he was going to leave. It really messes up the team.

I really like Slusher. He and I have always gotten along well and I will definitly be supporting him. I just dont like the way things turned out for the team.

That being said with players like, Whitaker, Goins, Zachery, and little Whitaker Bell can still play pretty darn well.

After watching Bell play I honestly think they are a serious threat to SL in the 13th. I think alot of kids stepped up for Bell and if Slusher was there then maybe those kids wouldnt of had the kind of games they did. It probably is unfair to JBS who beat 3 good teams to say IF.....

You are correct. Maybe I should have worded it differently. I'm proud of JBS and the way they represented our region in the WYMT, and didn't mean to lessen what they accomplished.

Slusher should have never played bball regardless of whos fault it is if he was going to leave. It really messes up the team.

I really like Slusher. He and I have always gotten along well and I will definitly be supporting him. I just dont like the way things turned out for the team.

That being said with players like, Whitaker, Goins, Zachery, and little Whitaker Bell can still play pretty darn well.

The thing about Bell is that they are very talented and they looked to me that they can play with anyone they meet. They need to gel with the players they have and they will be fine. Coach Whitaker seems to be a class act and I expect them to compete for the 13th region this year. Good luck to Bell....

Clint is a freshman, JBS will be a force come March, they have a chance of making some noise at Rupp, and next year, with only 1 starter leaving, and all of their scoring coming back, JBS could seriously make a trip to the state finals, Cox and Stepp have one of the best guard combo's in the state, they play so well together

Sure hope they don't draw Trinity in the first round.:flame:

Sure hope they don't draw Trinity in the first round.:flame:

JBS will have to play well to get to Rupp in the first place but if they do I am sure they would represent the 14th well. It is nice of you to pick out their worst showing of the year and dwell on that game instead of giving them credit for a good showing in the WYMT.

JBS will have to play well to get to Rupp in the first place but if they do I am sure they would represent the 14th well. It is nice of you to pick out their worst showing of the year and dwell on that game instead of giving them credit for a good showing in the WYMT.

Didn't mean that as an insult but I feel defense makes a big difference and I feel Eastern Ky teams dwell more on offense than defense and in the end it's usually the defense that makes the difference. Hey, if your there at the State Tourney and I hope you are , I'll be for you 100%. I'm just saying those Louisville schools are pretty tough. good luck. Love to see those small schools win!!!!!!!!!