Harlan County 68 Harlan 62

Final at Harlan via The Scoreboard. 

Mild upset win for the Black Bears against their 52nd District neighbors. First home loss for the Green Dragons in over a year (they don't lose many at home). 

The rematch in Baxter will be next Tuesday.

Up next ~  

Harlan Co.: Big games this weekend. Friday - at home vs. Pulaski Co. Saturday - vs. Newport in the "Ed Stepp Classic" at Woodford Co. 

Harlan: Saturday vs. Clay Co. 

• Thanks 1

Final from Harlan. Gym was so packed fans had to be turned away. Harlan County has now won 12 of their last 13 with their lone loss coming against Madison Central in a game where Trent Noah didn't play. Harlan has now dropped two of their last three after starting off the season red hot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

Final at Harlan via The Scoreboard. 

Mild upset win for the Black Bears against their 52nd District neighbors. First home loss for the Green Dragons in over a year (they don't lose many at home). 

The rematch in Baxter will be next Tuesday.

Up next ~  

Harlan Co.: Big games this weekend. Friday - at home vs. Pulaski Co. Saturday - vs. Newport in the "Ed Stepp Classic" at Woodford Co. 

Harlan: Saturday vs. Clay Co. 

Newport is a fun team to watch...super athletic. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

Newport is a fun team to watch...super athletic. 

Absolutely. Frosh Taylen Kinney especially, is already building quite the highlight reel - hoping he's at 100% for this one. 

The Wildcats may catch a break in that it'll be the third game in three days for the Black Bears. 

Be interesting to see how Newport handles the inside-outside threat of Trent Noah and Daniel Carmical. Looks like HC can score in bunches, spread out over four guys 

5 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Ok, I know I'm going to get wacked for my opinion, but here goes.  I would give the nod to Noah, better shooter and athletic ability.

Interesting.  As I said the other day, I’ve seen a lot of 8th Region basketball the last 10 years, but somehow I’ve never seen Moore.  But I have talked to several folks who say he’s a wonderful high school player, but they doubt he’s got the athleticism to play at Western.  Saw Noah at the King of the Bluegrass.  Not a great athlete - not unathletic, just not great.  Good player, obviously.