Eagles 31 49ers 7 (NFC Championship)

4 hours ago, burreaux said:

Turns out that Brock Purdy had a torn UCL and still went back in the game. I love that kind of attitude and commitment to your team. If only every pro quarterback was that committed.

Was that really worth it though? It certainly didn't help the team because he absolutely couldn't play the position. Him playing benefited no one, and the team exposed him to further injury. And I'm disappointed in the 49ers for putting him in that position. And really what choice did the guy have? Despite what he did this year, he's not guaranteed to even have a job next year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

49ers let me down by not converting a 4th down. Had a random $10 bet on all four teams to convert a 4th down play for +1100. They were the only ones out of the 3 that didn't. 

I thought about placing that bet. I was a couple seconds away from winning my bet on one of the teams having a walk off, game winning FG with no time left. I needed the Chiefs to snap the ball with 3 or 4 seconds left instead of 6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjs4470 said:

Was that really worth it though? It certainly didn't help the team because he absolutely couldn't play the position. Him playing benefited no one, and the team exposed him to further injury. And I'm disappointed in the 49ers for putting him in that position. And really what choice did the guy have? Despite what he did this year, he's not guaranteed to even have a job next year. 

The game was over by then, so him being in there or going with McCaffrey was futile. The way he played down the stretch, don't you think he would get another job if the 49ers cut him? I'd say he had a choice. Now I don't know if he was at a serious risk for severely injuring himself and risking his career, I would certainly hope that wasn't a realistic situation.

My point is that it's nice to see players putting it all out for their team, especially during a playoff run; I'm sure his teammates noticed that. It makes me appreciate him so much more as a player.

21 minutes ago, burreaux said:

The game was over by then, so him being in there or going with McCaffrey was futile. The way he played down the stretch, don't you think he would get another job if the 49ers cut him? I'd say he had a choice. Now I don't know if he was at a serious risk for severely injuring himself and risking his career, I would certainly hope that wasn't a realistic situation.

My point is that it's nice to see players putting it all out for their team, especially during a playoff run; I'm sure his teammates noticed that. It makes me appreciate him so much more as a player.

I don't think the 49ers will cut him, but he's absolutely in a fight for a job next year. And knowing that, if his boss asked him do something, even if it wasn't in his best interest, do you really think he had a "choice". Even if it wasn't put to him that way. Plus, if the game was over, why allow him the option of risking further damage? Is that really doing right by the team or the player.

Look, I can appreciate the effort he gave. But I think it's completely ridiculous to put a guy out there who is clearly injured and incapable of doing the job and letting him take one for the team.