Grant County 63 Owen County 60

Big game from Spencer Breeden 24 and 7 boards, Hammonds 20 &13 boards for Grant. Hammonds goes and gets the rebounds like no other.   Shelton  for Owen hit 5 maybe 6 from 3’s.  Moore with 25 points 6 boards.  Good game and great atmosphere at Dry Ridge.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

Grant with a huge win.  Different team at home.

Don’t think they have lost at home.  Still have some big home games with North Oldham and Great Crossing back to back in early Feb. and Mason County last game of season.  Definitely challenging going into post season. 

16 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

Wow, did not expect Teagan Moore to play this game. Since he did win, Grant County finally picks up their big inter-regional victory! 
With Moore playing, I wouldn’t have expected this win for Grant County.

Grant is a very polarizing team for some reason. They had a couple really nice wins going in to tonight, crushed Conner and edged Lex Christian. Beat Anderson- who beat Collins. Now beat Owen. Absolutely destroyed South and OC. Lost to 1 excellent team and 3 good/solid teams.  They don’t have a bad loss- meaning a loss to a bad team. And yet for some reason expectations are really low for them on this board. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

Grant is a very polarizing team for some reason. They had a couple really nice wins going in to tonight, crushed Conner and edged Lex Christian. Beat Anderson- who beat Collins. Now beat Owen. Absolutely destroyed South and OC. Lost to 1 excellent team and 3 good/solid teams.  They don’t have a bad loss- meaning a loss to a bad team. And yet for some reason expectations are really low for them on this board. 

My only reasoning behind the “low expectations” is their struggles vs the best of the 8th region. Before this weekend, they hadn’t competed with a top 5 team. While they had some extremely impressive wins outside of the region, they were yet to get one inside the 8th. 
I wouldn’t say I had low expectations, but with the way Owen County has been playing recently, and the struggles Grant County have had recently I didn’t expect this outcome.

Either way, great win for the Braves, but the big question here is how they build on this with the tough schedule they have ahead. 
For Owen County, they attend the All ‘A’ State Tournament later this week, and you see these loses right before the tournament year in and year out. Team is excited to travel down and get to play on the “big stage” in a college arena, and look right past their opponents the days before. I can’t take much away from Owen County for this loss, but if they underperform in the tournament later this week, I will definitely have some things to think about.

9 hours ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

Wow, did not expect Teagan Moore to play this game. Since he did win, Grant County finally picks up their big inter-regional victory! 
With Moore playing, I wouldn’t have expected this win for Grant County.

it appears Moore played limited minutes, as he usually doesn't sub in and out.