Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell's Chinwe Okoro scores 1500th point and grabs 1000 rebound vs. Elliott

Featured Replies

Congrats to fine young lady on both accomplishments earlier in the week vs. Elliott Co.

Congratulations to a superb athlete and competitor.

Well deserved, congratulations!:dancingpa

Congrats to Chinwe!

1500/1000 are awesome figures. I remember when it was a great feat just to get 1000 points (and it still is). There is some great talent in the 16th!!!!:dancingpa

Congrats.. Must be nice to get both in the same game too! :cool:

That was one heck of a game!!!! Her arms must have been tired afterwards!!!;) :ylsuper:

 

Actually.... Congrats on a great career thus far!!!:thumb:

Excellent achievement!! I have watched Okoro play for several years. She is not only an exeptional athlete but also a great role model to all the young girls that look up to her.

Congratulations to one of the best athletes in the state.

I had only a moment to send a quick congratulations earlier, but would like to add another thought.

 

My own daughter has competed against Chinwe for 4 years, including this their senior season. Each time they have met it has become quite a physical contest...nothing uncalled for, just good aggressive play. My daughter considers her play against Okoro as a way to measure her own performance...Okoro being the standard in her mind, so much does she respect her as a player.

 

It was only a week ago that my daughter asked me to look at some pictures on her computer screen, telling me that the girl in the photos was beautiful. On the screen were Okoro's senior pictures. I agreed, but was more pleased to know the tough competition between them was understood by both to be only that...competition, a game...hard-fought, but still just a game.

 

We wish Chinwe continued success on the court and in her college career as a track athlete.

I had watched Chinwe play for several years but have actually had the great fortune to be able to coach her for 3 years now and I want to take the time to say a few things...

 

Anyone who ever sees Chinwe for the first time is immediately in awe of her physical presense...It is very rare that we see female athletes at the high school level who are as physically imposing as she is...I will venture to say that she is probably in the top 10 pure female athletes to ever play a high school sport in Kentucky...Those who have seen her will most surely agree...Unfortunately, this is what most will ever hear or remember about her...Fortunately for me it will go far beyond the obvious impressive athlete she is...

 

It is so refreshing in this day where kids get so caught up in "who they are" that you still have those who are as humble, unimposing, and well-mannered as they are talented...With all of her accolades in a variety of sports it would be easy for A LOT of kids to get caught up in their own hype...Not Chinwe...I have grown to appreciate her more for the way she carries herself than the way she plays the sports she does...I bet she hasn't said 10 words in practice over the last 3 years and most of the time they have to be coaxed out of her...She has done some amazing things in games, whether it be volleyball or basketball, & when people try to make a big deal about it she almost appears embarrassed by the attention...Because she is so strong, when you bump into her or she bumps into you, you know it...I have seen many games where other teams become almost "dirty" trying to be physical against her yet she has never even come close to retaliating...Fortunately for them she just plays on, although I say that with my thought process and not her's...I really doubt that retaliation even enters her mind...

 

As adults who work with kids we are impacted in some way by each of them and for a variety of reasons...Getting the opportunity to work with ones like Chinwe remind us how lucky we are to be in that situation...

 

Congratulations on another well deserved honor...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I had watched Chinwe play for several years but have actually had the great fortune to be able to coach her for 3 years now and I want to take the time to say a few things...

 

Anyone who ever sees Chinwe for the first time is immediately in awe of her physical presense...It is very rare that we see female athletes at the high school level who are as physically imposing as she is...I will venture to say that she is probably in the top 10 pure female athletes to ever play a high school sport in Kentucky...Those who have seen her will most surely agree...Unfortunately, this is what most will ever hear or remember about her...Fortunately for me it will go far beyond the obvious impressive athlete she is...

 

It is so refreshing in this day where kids get so caught up in "who they are" that you still have those who are as humble, unimposing, and well-mannered as they are talented...With all of her accolades in a variety of sports it would be easy for A LOT of kids to get caught up in their own hype...Not Chinwe...I have grown to appreciate her more for the way she carries herself than the way she plays the sports she does...I bet she hasn't said 10 words in practice over the last 3 years and most of the time they have to be coaxed out of her...She has done some amazing things in games, whether it be volleyball or basketball, & when people try to make a big deal about it she almost appears embarrassed by the attention...Because she is so strong, when you bump into her or she bumps into you, you know it...I have seen many games where other teams become almost "dirty" trying to be physical against her yet she has never even come close to retaliating...Fortunately for them she just plays on, although I say that with my thought process and not her's...I really doubt that retaliation even enters her mind...

 

As adults who work with kids we are impacted in some way by each of them and for a variety of reasons...Getting the opportunity to work with ones like Chinwe remind us how lucky we are to be in that situation...

 

Congratulations on another well deserved honor...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

 

Great post. I've known Chinwe - not closely - from track and field. Watching her go up against Pam Bell of P-T was always a treat.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.