Paris 72 Holmes 11

Holmes lost everything - literally their 8 top scorers from last year. This includes a very talented Nejai Lewis that transferred to Holy Cross. Coach Pope has a big rebuild in front of him as Holmes may only really be competitive in 2 or 3 games this year.

• Thanks 2

I feel bad for new Coach, I filled in Friday night for the girls pa, I didn't realize there is no juniors or seniors on the current roster, mostly 7, 8th 9th and a few sophomores with very little experience,I hope the young players hang in there and develop as the year goes on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, allsport71 said:

I hope the young players hang in there and develop as the year goes on.

Me too!!!  High School hoops is better in NKY when Holmes (boys and girls) is good.

Side-note, and I know this will sound a little petty, but I hope any NKY school that plays Paris this year remembers this score.  

7 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Me too!!!  High School hoops is better in NKY when Holmes (boys and girls) is good.

Side-note, and I know this will sound a little petty, but I hope any NKY school that plays Paris this year remembers this score.  

Are you suggesting Paris ran the score up?

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

Are you suggesting Paris ran the score up?

Who knows, I wasn't there, and I'm well aware that Holmes is short-handed....but....I'm suggesting the optics of a score like that aren't great.  I'm sure they are still bitter that COVINGTON Holy Cross knocked them out of the ALL A last year at EKU, maybe they had that on their mind.  😊

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

Who knows, I wasn't there, and I'm well aware that Holmes is short-handed....but....I'm suggesting the optics of a score like that aren't great.  I'm sure they are still bitter that COVINGTON Holy Cross knocked them out of the ALL A last year at EKU, maybe they had that on their mind.  😊

Uh probably not.

8 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Completely false.  Any innuendo of running up the score is inappropriate.  Paris was very respecting.  As was Boone, as was Conner.  To say "optics" and create drama is not being responsible and not fair for Paris.  I would ask, what did Paris do in your opinion for others to "remember"?  They quickly went into their bench and pulled back.  Do you have a reason for encouraging people to go after Paris?   

The situation at Holmes is very challenging, but the girls on the court are trying hard and the staff there is trying to improve. 

I can only speak of the Conner game, complete respect for Conner Coach, they never pressed, played everyone, and pulled back on shots the last quarter, just gonna be a long year for the Lady Bulldogs,  but I sure respect the young ladies that come to pratice and games, just hope they hang in there, best of luck ladies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1