Stoops Contract Extension

TheDeuce

Is his contract funded by tax payers or money brought in from football? It seems to me the only reason to give him a raise is so Stoops can allocate money to other position coaches. If not I'd be having a serious sit down chat with Stoops on why it is not justifiable.

On 11/21/2022 at 9:05 AM, 4 Quarters said:

Because I'm a taxpayer.LOL

You do know that only the base salary of $400K is paid by the University (our tax money, tuition money etc...) the rest is paid by UK Athletics which is self sustained. Just like Louisville, Alabama, Ohio State and most all power 5 schools.

5 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

You do know that only the base salary of $400K is paid by the University (our tax money, tuition money etc...) the rest is paid by UK Athletics which is self sustained. Just like Louisville, Alabama, Ohio State and most all power 5 schools.

Yeah, I'm aware that it not all tax money, but it's just not falling out of the sky.  Way too much salary for that caliber of a coach, or for that matter any coach.

19 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Yeah, I'm aware that it not all tax money, but it's just not falling out of the sky.  Way too much salary for that caliber of a coach, or for that matter any coach.

With the new TV deals rolling out over the next few years, coaches salaries are going to explode.. this will look like a bargain in three years.