Browns 32 Bengals 13

Not trying to be pessimistic guys but it just feels like we’re about done, just too many key injuries to overcome, losing our best D lineman, our 1A most important offensive player and our best DB, all 3 were on track for a pro bowl appearance, combine that with 3 severely underperforming offensive players, our tackles, Collins grade was 46.1 last night, Williams 32.2 and our running back, Mixon, has he broken a tackle or made somebody miss this year?  I sincerely hope they find a path but it just seems like too much, I love my Bengals since ‘68!!!

58 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

That’s the thing all the things you said are all things that had a lot to do because Chase wasn’t playing. Chase plays, that gives the Browns a serious weapon that changes some of what they may do on defense. Chase plays that gives Burrow someone else that could possibly get open in that short amount of time he had. Which if you seen on some of those sacks, part of the issue was literally no one was open on some of those plays. If Chase plays they probably don’t get shut out for 3 quarters. Chase playing also means other guys are guarding Higgins and Boyd and less focus on them. Chase playing probably changes a lot of the dynamic of the game. Which part of the dynamic of the game was the Browns being a running team, with a defense that has a good pass rush getting to play with a lead all game long. Which then allows the Browns to run and wear down a defense, and then opens up the pass game. Same with on the Bengals offense, them doing nothing for 3 quarters allowed the Browns to have a lead and then expand it. Allowing the Browns defenders to truly pin their ears back and just go. 

Now would the Bengals have won with Chase? That’s hard to say, since the Browns do seem to have the Bengals number. However, the whole dynamic of the game definitely probably changes some with Chase on the field. Especially considering how Chase was that security blanket for Burrow to throw to at times when he is pressured. 

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you.  5 Sacks and 7 QB hits on Burrow (and numerous QB pressures last night).  The left side of the Bengals line should be renamed the "Turnstiles".  Even if Chase could get open in that timeframe, Burrow wouldn't have the time to "consistently" get it too him (even with his better than average quick release).  14 out of his 34 targets were to a RB or a WR on a jet sweep.  If Burrow was "comfortable", the downfield percentage would be higher.  Myles Garrett and friends dominated the game (which is what they are paid to do).

Metro-Tripod-Turnstile-001web.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nkypete said:

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you.  5 Sacks and 7 QB hits on Burrow (and numerous QB pressures last night).  The left side of the Bengals line should be renamed the "Turnstiles".  Even if Chase could get open in that timeframe, Burrow wouldn't have the time to "consistently" get it too him (even with his better than average quick release).  14 out of his 34 targets were to a RB or a WR on a jet sweep.  If Burrow was "comfortable", the downfield percentage would be higher.  Myles Garrett and friends dominated the game (which is what they are paid to do).

Metro-Tripod-Turnstile-001web.png

Hey no argument from me on Jonah Williams. He was horrible! I do agree there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Not trying to be pessimistic guys but it just feels like we’re about done, just too many key injuries to overcome, losing our best D lineman, our 1A most important offensive player and our best DB, all 3 were on track for a pro bowl appearance, combine that with 3 severely underperforming offensive players, our tackles, Collins grade was 46.1 last night, Williams 32.2 and our running back, Mixon, has he broken a tackle or made somebody miss this year?  I sincerely hope they find a path but it just seems like too much, I love my Bengals since ‘68!!!

All those things are definitely reason to be concerned. However, for all the people checking out already. Do you all think we have a franchise/top QB or not? All those things you mentioned are things we have seen other top QBs go through before, and yet still was able to overcome it and lead teams to the playoffs. Which besides Awuzie which is a big loss, most of the guys you mentioned should make it back at some point this season. So getting a win next week and getting to the bye week and getting a little healthier is still a good possibility. 

11 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

All those things are definitely reason to be concerned. However, for all the people checking out already. Do you all think we have a franchise/top QB or not? All those things you mentioned are things we have seen other top QBs go through before, and yet still was able to overcome it and lead teams to the playoffs. Which besides Awuzie which is a big loss, most of the guys you mentioned should make it back at some point this season. So getting a win next week and getting to the bye week and getting a little healthier is still a good possibility. 

Agree it’s possible, the thing that I’ve noticed in the past, when Higgins has had to miss Burrow has really struggled, look back at the games, it’s scary, (Baltimore being the latest), now Chase has the same effect, obviously, just afraid we won’t win a game until Chase gets back and then it may be too late

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Definitely not checking out here.  SHOULD beat the Panthers.  I'm a little bit disappointed that the Bengals didn't do something/anything before the trade deadline.  I'm not talking a stupid trade giving up draft picks for somebody who is only temporary.  I was thinking somebody that they could have gotten that would be an upgrade over what they might have now (maybe another CB or OL).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Agree it’s possible, the thing that I’ve noticed in the past, when Higgins has had to miss Burrow has really struggled, look back at the games, it’s scary, (Baltimore being the latest), now Chase has the same effect, obviously, just afraid we won’t win a game until Chase gets back and then it may be too late

So with that said, would you not be on board then with paying Burrow one of those mega QB deals that QBs are getting these days? 

7 hours ago, nkypete said:

Definitely not checking out here.  SHOULD beat the Panthers.  I'm a little bit disappointed that the Bengals didn't do something/anything before the trade deadline.  I'm not talking a stupid trade giving up draft picks for somebody who is only temporary.  I was thinking somebody that they could have gotten that would be an upgrade over what they might have now (maybe another CB or OL).

Definitely would have been nice to see them make a move. I was hoping they would trade for a corner and then go sign a WR like a Will Fuller or someone. 

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Definitely would have been nice to see them make a move. I was hoping they would trade for a corner and then go sign a WR like a Will Fuller or someone. 

I hear you.  Many teams are scared of Fuller because of his inability to stay healthy himself.  I'm kind of particular to the backup WRs that the Bengals have.  A relative through marriage of my niece is Trent Taylor.  I think he and Trenton Irwin have done everything that has been asked of them when given the opportunity.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nkypete said:

I hear you.  Many teams are scared of Fuller because of his inability to stay healthy himself.  I'm kind of particular to the backup WRs that the Bengals have.  A relative through marriage of my niece is Trent Taylor.  I think he and Trenton Irwin have done everything that has been asked of them when given the opportunity.

I like both of them actually. I think Taylor would be a great backup slot WR if Boyd was to ever be injured. However, without Chase this team very much struggles with having someone else that would scare another team over the top. Which is why I like Fuller. The other teams when he was injured, he was usually counted on as being one of the top two WRs. That wouldn’t be his role here, and possibly would have a better chance of staying healthy because of it. 

9 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I like both of them actually. I think Taylor would be a great backup slot WR if Boyd was to ever be injured. However, without Chase this team very much struggles with having someone else that would scare another team over the top. Which is why I like Fuller. The other teams when he was injured, he was usually counted on as being one of the top two WRs. That wouldn’t be his role here, and possibly would have a better chance of staying healthy because of it. 

He would have probably been an upgrade over Stanley Morgan (who also happens to be injured).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, futurecoach said:

So with that said, would you not be on board then with paying Burrow one of those mega QB deals that QBs are getting these days? 

Absolutely I would pay him,  with a little better job by our O line I’d trust Burrow over any QB in the league, it’s truly amazing that he has the pocket toughness that he has the way he’s been hit in his career so far.  I LOVED Boomer but I have no doubt if you give Burrow Boomer’s O line he’d be putting up unbelievable numbers!

While I’m on that subject guys I think it’s time for Adeniji to move into the starting lineup for either Williams or Collins, both have pretty much been terrible and when Adeniji has had to fill in at tackle he’s played really well, played double digit snaps versus the Falcons and was the highest rated lineman in the game by PFF

• Like 1

Wow, just read a very depressing report on Mixon and Williams:

rated 65th out of 67 backs in pass pro

Rated 51st out of 54 backs in making people miss

Rated 53rd out of 54 backs in yards after contact

Williams has allowed EIGHT sacks already this year, WOW!!!

Evans had 1 opportunity on offense Monday and made a better play than Mixon has ALL year and Perine is the top rated back in pass pro IN THE NFL, most of those plays on obvious passing downs too!! Give Adeniji a shot, don’t see how he can play worse!!!  Time for Zac to step up and make some tough decisions????!!!

7 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Absolutely I would pay him,  with a little better job by our O line I’d trust Burrow over any QB in the league, it’s truly amazing that he has the pocket toughness that he has the way he’s been hit in his career so far.  I LOVED Boomer but I have no doubt if you give Burrow Boomer’s O line he’d be putting up unbelievable numbers!

While I’m on that subject guys I think it’s time for Adeniji to move into the starting lineup for either Williams or Collins, both have pretty much been terrible and when Adeniji has had to fill in at tackle he’s played really well, played double digit snaps versus the Falcons and was the highest rated lineman in the game by PFF

I wouldn’t make the Adeniji move yet. Up until last week it did seem like the line was getting better. However, if either struggle again this week. Then I do think you consider making that move during the bye week.  

6 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Wow, just read a very depressing report on Mixon and Williams:

rated 65th out of 67 backs in pass pro

Rated 51st out of 54 backs in making people miss

Rated 53rd out of 54 backs in yards after contact

Williams has allowed EIGHT sacks already this year, WOW!!!

Evans had 1 opportunity on offense Monday and made a better play than Mixon has ALL year and Perine is the top rated back in pass pro IN THE NFL, most of those plays on obvious passing downs too!! Give Adeniji a shot, don’t see how he can play worse!!!  Time for Zac to step up and make some tough decisions????!!!

I was wanting the Bengals to trade Mixon this next off season. However, I agree they need to start taking snaps away from him and giving others guys a shot. Specifically Evans!