Daviess County at Warren East Predictions/Updates

BillNye

Who wins?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

6A Daviess County (6-3)  makes the trip down the Natcher to take on the undefeated BGP 4A #9 Warren East on the smurf turf.

I think this could potentially be the Raiders stiffest test to date. A win would secure a perfect regular season and potentially land them a top four seed in RPI heading to the playoffs in class 4A.

Thoughts? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, theguru said:

Warren East will probably climb to #8 this week and Daviess will probably settle in at #12 in 6A.  I agree Daviess will probably be the best team East has played all year. 

Which, in my opinion, is great and much needed all things considered for East.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BillNye said:

Poll has been pretty close since this has been posted. Feels like a true coin flip game. I'm interested to hear takes on people who have seen Daviess up close. What can we expect Friday for those who are unfamiliar? @Brown @Devils Fan

I watched Daviess once against Ryle and Warren East against Franklin-Simpson last week.  That is not enough to make a very informed decision but based on what I have seen and comparing scores I like Daviess County in a close game.  Calpreps agrees with this projection: Daviess County 31 Warren East 22.  Additionally, Daviess has played a clearly superior schedule and I think that helps the Panthers get the win.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

I watched Daviess once against Ryle and Warren East against Franklin-Simpson last week.  That is not enough to make a very informed decision but based on what I have seen and comparing scores I like Daviess County in a close game.  Calpreps agrees with this projection: Daviess County 31 Warren East 22.  Additionally, Daviess has played a clearly superior schedule and I think that helps the Panthers get the win.

Which is an interesting point to me, they played Madisonville NH and walked away with a two score win in the middle of the season. Relevant because that is likely who East will see in the second round of the playoffs.

That being said, I agree that Daviess is more tested and has better wins. I do still believe this is very doable for the Raiders.

1 minute ago, BillNye said:

Which is an interesting point to me, they played Madisonville NH and walked away with a two score win in the middle of the season. Relevant because that is likely who East will see in the second round of the playoffs.

That being said, I agree that Daviess is more tested and has better wins. I do still believe this is very doable for the Raiders.

I agree with all this but will say the comparing scores part is hard in this game because there isn't much that connects these two teams.

We could look at this game a different way, Daviess clearly knows they have no chance in the playoffs and Warren East is seeing the light this season.  That bodes well for WE. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, theguru said:

The new TP94 Power Ratings have it:

Daviess County 87.27 Warren East 86.4

CalPreps projection for East at home instead of neutral site was:

Daviess 28

East 24

So it's as we discussed in terms of thoughts for the game. Poll being at 10-10 as it stands also a good indication that we all expect a solid matchup. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

These games where ratings are close always peak my interest.

Me too.  As you know I posted a bunch of these today, some I "agreed" with and some I "wasn't sure about" but this one in particular made me go hmmm...

• Like 1