Glasgow 65 Casey County 34

FSfan

Glasgow is the 4 seed in their district and Casey County is the district champion. Can’t remember the last time the 4 seed beat their own district champion that badly. Glasgow will travel to Union County in the first round and Taylor County will go to Paducah Tilghman. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is the craziest district I think I ever seen. Casey and Hart are 3-1 Glasgow and Taylor are 2-2 in the district but I can’t help but think that Glasgow and Taylor are the two best teams in the district. But I guess that’s why they play the games. If I were PT and Union I would think I got the short end of the stick with this draw. As far as this game goes Casey’s defense had no answer for Glasgow’s offense as Glasgow put up over 500 yards of offense and 65 points. As far as Casey’s offense goes I heard all Wendi about how balanced they were but I just didn’t see it they only had 16 yards rushing and 12 of that was on the last three carries when they were just trying to run out the clock. They do have a good quarterback and some good receivers but with them being so one dimensional and having no defense I think they are going to struggle in the playoffs. They will get past the first game because I think they play Webster but that’s about as far as I think they can go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If PT isn't good at stopping the run, they are in for a long night with Taylor County. If they can stuff the run, they should win this game pretty easily. Taylor doesn't throw the ball well at all, but they are elite in running the football. The back for Taylor is as good as anyone they will see running the football from here and as far as they go. I think Glasgow could very well upset Union as well, as Glasgow is the best 4 seed in the entire state. I'd hate to know I got them in round one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

This is the craziest district I think I ever seen. Casey and Hart are 3-1 Glasgow and Taylor are 2-2 in the district but I can’t help but think that Glasgow and Taylor are the two best teams in the district. But I guess that’s why they play the games. If I were PT and Union I would think I got the short end of the stick with this draw. As far as this game goes Casey’s defense had no answer for Glasgow’s offense as Glasgow put up over 500 yards of offense and 65 points. As far as Casey’s offense goes I heard all Wendi about how balanced they were but I just didn’t see it they only had 16 yards rushing and 12 of that was on the last three carries when they were just trying to run out the clock. They do have a good quarterback and some good receivers but with them being so one dimensional and having no defense I think they are going to struggle in the playoffs. They will get past the first game because I think they play Webster but that’s about as far as I think they can go.

Casey averages over 180 yards per game on the ground.  I do believe the coach quit trying to run way too early.  Glasgow done a great job against the run when the Rebels did make an attempt.  Casey players came out flat with little to no emotion.  Totally different feel than the previous weeks. In my opinion they were still "hungover" from the win last week.  Very disappointed in a lot of guys effort and performance.  What's worse is several key players got injured last night.   I'm sure we will find out more Monday who can go Friday and who will need an extra week to heal.  I'm afraid we have lost at least 1 of those guys for the remainder of the season.  I'm hoping there is not more.

3 hours ago, GC-Dragons said:

If PT isn't good at stopping the run, they are in for a long night with Taylor County. If they can stuff the run, they should win this game pretty easily. Taylor doesn't throw the ball well at all, but they are elite in running the football. The back for Taylor is as good as anyone they will see running the football from here and as far as they go. I think Glasgow could very well upset Union as well, as Glasgow is the best 4 seed in the entire state. I'd hate to know I got them in round one. 

Tilghman is good at stopping the run.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 2:03 PM, WKY_Football said:

Glasgow & Taylor County will have Union & PT on upset alert. Those are not your typical 3 & 4 seeds. 

I honestly feel both Taylor and Glasgow makes it out of round 2.  If they don't the games will be super close.

• Like 1