Ashland 27 Elizabethtown 25

theguru

12 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

Tomcats rebound after a hard fought game last week. Unofficial stat I just heard was 267 on the ground for Ashland. 114 through the air.

The coaches challenged the offensive line with just one senior, a freshman center and 3 sophomores it’s the best I’ve seen them play this year. 

• Like 1

Pleasantly surprised!  I was just hoping for the young Tomcats to compete, continue to grow, and avoid an Etown blowout. I don't think Etown played their best game but I still believe Ashland took some big steps tonight. Hopefully they continue to improve going into the district games.

• Like 1

Sorry for the lack of updates on this game but it was cold and rainy and well, I was being lazy!

Panthers didn’t play their best game but take nothing away from Ashland, they came to play.

Their RB was super patient on the zone read plays and when he cut back, there was no one there. 

Add that on top of #8 getting open twice down the sideline and Ashland was pretty balanced. 

Etown kept fighting after being down 21-6 in the 2nd half and clawed their way back to fall short 27-25.

In the first half it appeared as though Etown had an incomplete pass down to the 1 but the ball apparently landed on one of the Etown players backs and Ashland grabbed it for the INT.

Etown missed 2 XPs tonight. Coming into the game they were 23/23.

Sometimes it seems like a team just has your number. Certainly feels that way with Ashland and Etown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tomcat1984 said:

The coaches challenged the offensive line with just one senior, a freshman center and 3 sophomores it’s the best I’ve seen them play this year. 

Ashland has four losses on the season. However, diving a little deeper, all four are good teams and in those four games Ashland scored only 35 points total. It all starts up front and perhaps this offensive line adjustment is the ticket for the Tomcats going forward. Saturday night at least looked like a good start.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 8:18 AM, gchs_uk9 said:

Ashland has four losses on the season. However, diving a little deeper, all four are good teams and in those four games Ashland scored only 35 points total. It all starts up front and perhaps this offensive line adjustment is the ticket for the Tomcats going forward. Saturday night at least looked like a good start.

Enough for 1st place in the District?

1 hour ago, Hearsay said:

Enough for 1st place in the District?

Not sure. Seems like that district is wide open. All have positives (even Russell) and all have warts. Next three weeks will be huge. Definitely want to avoid finishing 3rd or 4th and having to go to Belfry or Lawrence County in the first round (although Greenup has already defeated Lawrence).