Bardstown 43 Nelson County 16

Hearsay

The victory ensures what in all likelihood is the Class 3A District 3 championship for the Tigers, and was a victory over a much improved crosstown rival on Senior Night and the last regular season home game for one of the winningest classes of seniors in recent memory.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:25 AM, Hearsay said:

The victory ensures what in all likelihood is the Class 3A District 3 championship for the Tigers, and was a victory over a much improved crosstown rival on Senior Night and the last regular season home game for one of the winningest classes of seniors in recent memory.

@Hearsay I was told that Clark was injured badly in this game. Is he ok?

1 hour ago, JellyRoll said:

@Hearsay I was told that Clark was injured badly in this game. Is he ok?

No. He broke the collarbone on his non-throwing shoulder. Non-displaced, so could conceivably return in 6 weeks, but nevertheless a devastating blow to both him and the team, particularly on the heels of losing T.J. Greenwell for the season due to torn ACL.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hearsay said:

No. He broke the collarbone on his non-throwing shoulder. Non-displaced, so could conceivably return in 6 weeks, but nevertheless a devastating blow to both him and the team, particularly on the heels of losing T.J. Greenwell for the season due to torn ACL.

Man I hate to hear that. Prayers for a speedy recovery. I was told Greenwell was coming back but wasn’t sure cuz I thought he was going to go ahead and have surgery.

23 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

Man I hate to hear that. Prayers for a speedy recovery. I was told Greenwell was coming back but wasn’t sure cuz I thought he was going to go ahead and have surgery.

There was some discussion about that and he has not had surgery. If he is able to return for the playoffs, it will not be as a running back.

I would be remiss if I did not give some local praise to the vast improvement of the Nelson County Cardinals.  As little as two years ago, this team was losing 9-10 games every season.  I've mentioned many times their commitment to strength and conditioning and having players wrestle in the off-season.  Friday night, they controlled the line of scrimmage in the first half and were actually up 16-14 midway through the second quarter.  And it wasn't just line push, there were some good athletes out there.  Bardstown took care of business the rest of the way, but a tip of the cap to Coach Philip Stockdale and the Cardinal program for a significaint turnaround and back to relevance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hearsay said:

I would be remiss if I did not give some local praise to the vast improvement of the Nelson County Cardinals.  As little as two years ago, this team was losing 9-10 games every season.  I've mentioned many times their commitment to strength and conditioning and having players wrestle in the off-season.  Friday night, they controlled the line of scrimmage in the first half and were actually up 16-14 midway through the second quarter.  And it wasn't just line push, there were some good athletes out there.  Bardstown took care of business the rest of the way, but a tip of the cap to Coach Philip Stockdale and the Cardinal program for a significaint turnaround and back to relevance.

Stockdale is the real deal...one of the best! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hearsay said:

For someone who grew up in the 1990s and had a friend play at Nelson County during that time period, I'm extremely happy to see them having some success after a long dry stretch.