Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bardstown 43 Nelson County 16

Featured Replies

Final.

Good win Bardstown. Hoping to check them and the Hazard Bulldogs next week.

  • Author

The victory ensures what in all likelihood is the Class 3A District 3 championship for the Tigers, and was a victory over a much improved crosstown rival on Senior Night and the last regular season home game for one of the winningest classes of seniors in recent memory.

David Asher Photography on Facebook with the great photos:

asher1.jpg

asher2.jpg

asher3.jpg

asher4.jpg

Here are some more from David Asher:

asher5.jpg

asher6.jpg

asher7.jpg

asher8.jpg

  • Author
1 hour ago, theguru said:

Here are some more from David Asher:

asher5.jpg

asher6.jpg

asher7.jpg

asher8.jpg

Nice one there of a Tiger tackler with his mouthpiece still in his face mask.

1 minute ago, Hearsay said:

Nice one there of a Tiger tackler with his mouthpiece still in his face mask.

I see football players all the time at all levels with their mouthpiece hanging out, shocking to me.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:25 AM, Hearsay said:

The victory ensures what in all likelihood is the Class 3A District 3 championship for the Tigers, and was a victory over a much improved crosstown rival on Senior Night and the last regular season home game for one of the winningest classes of seniors in recent memory.

@Hearsay I was told that Clark was injured badly in this game. Is he ok?

  • Author
1 hour ago, JellyRoll said:

@Hearsay I was told that Clark was injured badly in this game. Is he ok?

No. He broke the collarbone on his non-throwing shoulder. Non-displaced, so could conceivably return in 6 weeks, but nevertheless a devastating blow to both him and the team, particularly on the heels of losing T.J. Greenwell for the season due to torn ACL.

2 hours ago, Hearsay said:

No. He broke the collarbone on his non-throwing shoulder. Non-displaced, so could conceivably return in 6 weeks, but nevertheless a devastating blow to both him and the team, particularly on the heels of losing T.J. Greenwell for the season due to torn ACL.

Man I hate to hear that. Prayers for a speedy recovery. I was told Greenwell was coming back but wasn’t sure cuz I thought he was going to go ahead and have surgery.

  • Author
23 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

Man I hate to hear that. Prayers for a speedy recovery. I was told Greenwell was coming back but wasn’t sure cuz I thought he was going to go ahead and have surgery.

There was some discussion about that and he has not had surgery. If he is able to return for the playoffs, it will not be as a running back.

  • Author

I would be remiss if I did not give some local praise to the vast improvement of the Nelson County Cardinals.  As little as two years ago, this team was losing 9-10 games every season.  I've mentioned many times their commitment to strength and conditioning and having players wrestle in the off-season.  Friday night, they controlled the line of scrimmage in the first half and were actually up 16-14 midway through the second quarter.  And it wasn't just line push, there were some good athletes out there.  Bardstown took care of business the rest of the way, but a tip of the cap to Coach Philip Stockdale and the Cardinal program for a significaint turnaround and back to relevance.

1 hour ago, Hearsay said:

I would be remiss if I did not give some local praise to the vast improvement of the Nelson County Cardinals.  As little as two years ago, this team was losing 9-10 games every season.  I've mentioned many times their commitment to strength and conditioning and having players wrestle in the off-season.  Friday night, they controlled the line of scrimmage in the first half and were actually up 16-14 midway through the second quarter.  And it wasn't just line push, there were some good athletes out there.  Bardstown took care of business the rest of the way, but a tip of the cap to Coach Philip Stockdale and the Cardinal program for a significaint turnaround and back to relevance.

Stockdale is the real deal...one of the best! 

10 hours ago, Hearsay said:

I would be remiss if I did not give some local praise to the vast improvement of the Nelson County Cardinals.  As little as two years ago, this team was losing 9-10 games every season.  I've mentioned many times their commitment to strength and conditioning and having players wrestle in the off-season.  Friday night, they controlled the line of scrimmage in the first half and were actually up 16-14 midway through the second quarter.  And it wasn't just line push, there were some good athletes out there.  Bardstown took care of business the rest of the way, but a tip of the cap to Coach Philip Stockdale and the Cardinal program for a significaint turnaround and back to relevance.

For someone who grew up in the 1990s and had a friend play at Nelson County during that time period, I'm extremely happy to see them having some success after a long dry stretch.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.