Trinity vs St. Xavier (OH) Predictions/Updates

Tigerpride94

Who wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2022 at 11:00 PM

Trinity (3-3) will host St. Xavier (OH) (2-4) after losing to St. Xavier (KY) 13-8. St. X (OH) is coming off a 42-10 loss to Elder (OH) at the Pit.

Trinity out gained St. X (KY) but had trouble finding the endzone. Trinity's automatic kicker Kellan McLaughlin had two field goals. The Trinity defense was stout other than giving up two big pass plays for two touchdowns and also got a safety. Last year Trinity beat St. X (OH) 33-32 and also had 5 field goals in that game.

St. Xavier (OH) is ranked 18th in Ohio. Although they were dismantled by Elder (OH) they played Moeller (OH) who is #1 in Ohio to a respectable 20-17 loss. Trinity lost to Moeller 28-3.

Does Trinity beat St. X (OH) two years in a row or does St. X (OH) get back in the win column?

• Thanks 1

After a lopsided loss to Elder, I’m unsure where the mindset is for St. X. 
Could be the first start for sophomore Chase Herbstreit, the sophomore QB relieved starter Jack O’Malley in the 2nd quarter as the score reached 28-7. Is the game at Trinity going to be the beginning of the Herbstreit era? Hearing Trinity being solid on defense, I can agree with a 14 point win for the shamrocks. Just don’t want to see a St. X loss by three or more scores. 

• Like 2

I imagine this will be a close game like last year. McLaughlin hit a school record 53-yard field goal to win at Ballaban, so I know Coach Specht and the Bombers will have no shortage of inspiration to come into Marshall Stadium to return the favor. 

The interesting thing for me to watch is how the St. X defense reacts to the Trinity Offense. Rocks OC Sean Carrico was a tight end on the 4-peat Trinity teams from 05-08 that Bombers OC Andrew Coverdale called the plays for. I think many of us in the Trinity community owe a great deal to Coverdale for his incredible tutelage, masterful game planning and what he did for the program during the last two decades. 

That being said, I know Coach Cobb and the defense know Andrew and the Bombers well and a win like last year would go along way for this team's confidence. Should be a great matchup in St. Matthews yet again! ☘️

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

You're doing great.  Quality members/posts like yours are what we want at BGP.

I'm just trying to bring a unique perspective. I think our radio broadcasts are pretty good, but I also feel like we have a really knowledgeable and passionate fan/alumni base and it is well received when we can bring some more facts and analysis especially given the strength of schedule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

I'm just trying to bring a unique perspective. I think our radio broadcasts are pretty good, but I also feel like we have a really knowledgeable and passionate fan/alumni base and it is well received when we can bring some more facts and analysis especially given the strength of schedule.

Trinity plays the best schedule in Kentucky and it is not even close.  They are always of interest to me because of that.  And, they could easily win 6A this year, the playoffs should be a lot of fun with four other good teams in 6A along with them. 

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

Trinity plays the best schedule in Kentucky and it is not even close.  They are always of interest to me because of that.  And, they could easily win 6A this year, the playoffs should be a lot of fun with four other good teams in 6A along with them. 

I agree. 6A playoffs going to be fire this year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

I've tuned into Trinity radio broadcasts many times to get updates on Rocks games and you guys do great job.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, #RockNation said:

I imagine this will be a close game like last year. McLaughlin hit a school record 53-yard field goal to win at Ballaban, so I know Coach Specht and the Bombers will have no shortage of inspiration to come into Marshall Stadium to return the favor. 

The interesting thing for me to watch is how the St. X defense reacts to the Trinity Offense. Rocks OC Sean Carrico was a tight end on the 4-peat Trinity teams from 05-08 that Bombers OC Andrew Coverdale called the plays for. I think many of us in the Trinity community owe a great deal to Coverdale for his incredible tutelage, masterful game planning and what he did for the program during the last two decades. 

That being said, I know Coach Cobb and the defense know Andrew and the Bombers well and a win like last year would go along way for this team's confidence. Should be a great matchup in St. Matthews yet again! ☘️

How long has Carrico been coaching/OC at Trinity? I knew him growing up but didn't realize he was coaching at Trinity. 

18 hours ago, LongTimeReader said:

How long has Carrico been coaching/OC at Trinity? I knew him growing up but didn't realize he was coaching at Trinity. 

First year as OC...He's been there off and on for around 7 or 8 years...Also spent some time at Ballard with Mike Jackson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1